Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of problems with my GU3 4.2 Diesel.
1. Cruise control works intermittently - Sometimes when I activate it the "Cruise" light flickers and then the setting will not work. Other times all is well and it works like it should.

2. I have aftermarket tail light clusters fitted and they work well but when I press the hazard light button the hazard fuse blows immediately. Have checked wiring for rear light clusters and everything is connected correctly.

Any suggestions?

·
Grenade Master
GU4 05
2,613 Posts
A couple of problems with my GU3 4.2 Diesel.
1. Cruise control works intermittently - Sometimes when I activate it the "Cruise" light flickers and then the setting will not work. Other times all is well and it works like it should.

2. I have aftermarket tail light clusters fitted and they work well but when I press the hazard light button the hazard fuse blows immediately. Have checked wiring for rear light clusters and everything is connected correctly.

Any suggestions?
1. C/C possibly bad connection somewhere, check all switches including brake and clutch switches. Is this a factory cruise?

2. Is there too much current load on the fuse? I'd check the fuse rating and do your calculation for hazards light circuit e.g. 6x 21 W globes for your hazards (assuming 4 on vehicle and 2 on the bull bar) will suck about 10 amps so is the fuse 15 amp? Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Rumcajs.
Have checked connections (the first thing I did) and the CC is factory. Discovered today that cruise was working ok until I turned on the parking lights - CC immediately flashed and shut down, something strange here.

Vehicle has 15 amp fuse, 8 bulbs, 4 front & 4 rear then there is the trailer to take into account sometimes. The remote locking flashes all lights and trailer lights no probs so it seems strange to me that the hazards, being the same set of lights start the first flash and kill the fuse.

Looks like a weekend of trial and error to get to the bottom of the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts