Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, first off happy new year and I hope you all win powerball!

Now, my problem is that when I put the cruise button on, the cruise light is on on the dash, 10 seconds later the "set" light starts flashing. This tells me there is a problem somewhere. The cruise control of the truck doesn't work.

Now, I've pulled the plug on the control unit and checked there's 12 volts on pin 4 when the ignition is on and cruise is pressed. Good... Now when I check continuity on pin 3 and earth, that's ok.... So My question is "where the heck is the control hold relay?" Looked around both sides in the footwell. Its not nexted to the cruise control unit. So any idea's? The trucks a 4.2 Gu4 STL.

If the relay can be found and it checks out ok, then it has to be the vacuum pump for the cruise. Think that's right?

Regards
Pen

·
Registered
352 Posts
What breed of cruise control??

nissan patrol y60
433 Posts
check rubber grommet on brake pedal switch probably telling unit to switch off

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok,.......a few weeks ago I also installed a brake contoller for my camper/treailer. The stop wire takes its signal from the brake pedal switch. the color was Green Yellow, and according to the book that should be ok as its the "after" wire to the lights. Think that may also be the problem?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts