Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So finally made a cup holder to hold my beverages while i try to break my car, made out of pvc reducer 70 to 80 mm i think, used the 80mm part of it and just stretched a stuby cooler over it to try and make it less poxy looking. Next the snorkel. Not much to say about it just cut a hole in my guard where i thought it would be best and screwer the thing to the a pillar, done. Suby box well that was a head ache, had to work up perfect volume for it but in the end all good.
Any remarks and suggestions welcome.

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
685 Posts
stainless snorkel

hey mate how much did that cost you for the snorkel
and what is the angles of the rubber elbows
cheers
Blake

·
Registered
nissan
455 Posts
Your not going to put any clamps onto the snorkel?

Blake4x4 bends are 90 and 2 45's

·
Registered
nissan
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok so the bends I used are 1 at 90 and 2 at 45 got them from truck bits in dandenong. and 1 joiner/ reducer 4" to 3" under the bonnet got from bunnings plumbing. The 3" part fits over the original intake hose nice and snug after I cut it down a little bit. The 4" part is actualy about 110mm so I used a bit of rubber we had to stretch over the stainless and then over the joiner, supper tight. Reason why I don't have any clamps is because I used silicon to join them all it's all water tight and in my opinion looks neater than having big shiny clamps.
Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
176 Posts
Looks hot mate, any more pics of the sub, and by the looks of it drawer system?
Love the snorkel mate. Top stuff

Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
1,729 Posts
Reason why I don't have any clamps is because I used silicon to join them all it's all water tight and in my opinion looks neater than having big shiny clamps.
Cheers
Id be getting some clamps on it real quick. Function is always more important than looks. Those joiners aren't cheap either, and i dont like the chances of some low life leaving them in place too long without anything stopping them.

·
Registered
nissan
56 Posts
Hey bud nice cup holder! I have almost the same. I screwed a PVC pipe into the side of the dash near the drivers air vent but ow have a temp one heavily duct taped down just behind the gear stick lol. Works for now. U from the peninsula area? Ish. Have to go 4BN sometime mate.

·
Registered
nissan
17 Posts
I just realised why your snorkel looked familiar! I was admiring it the other week while sitting in traffic outside your house. Job well done, and I might knock on your door one day to see if I can have a closer look. Thanks for the pics.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts