Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Gunner
nissan patrol
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is a Drive In still up and running at Yatla. My old man lives in the area. How many other Drive In Movie places are still open around the country.

I used to love going to the Drive In in my younger days. Hiding mates in the boot of the car, (seeing how many we could fit in).

So tell us about your drive in experiences and if there is a Drive In in your part of the country.

·
Registered
nissan
446 Posts
Blacktown is still going.. was there the other nite.
Can remember many yrs ago at blacktown when to toilet thru the movie and on the way came across a commodore with a little crowd around it... Just had to stop and look, the windows where fogged right up the whole car was rocking and then out came screams of passion from the girl inside... The young guy finished off and climbed out the car to goto toilets i'd imagine to find about 50 of us standing there yelling, cheering and applauding him only to go bright red jump back in the car and start up and drive off...

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
1,045 Posts
Theres one at gepps cross adelaide.
Old school.the back rows still have them speaker boxes you hang on your window.

It gets packed still.went there last night with the mrs.took a sixer and drank the movie away.lol.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using Tapatalk

·
85kw of Brute Strength
nissan patrol
829 Posts
Blacktown is still going.. was there the other nite.
Can remember many yrs ago at blacktown when to toilet thru the movie and on the way came across a commodore with a little crowd around it... Just had to stop and look, the windows where fogged right up the whole car was rocking and then out came screams of passion from the girl inside... The young guy finished off and climbed out the car to goto toilets i'd imagine to find about 50 of us standing there yelling, cheering and applauding him only to go bright red jump back in the car and start up and drive off...
didnt anyone yell "NEXT"????

·
Registered
nissan
446 Posts
Lmao no they didn't jed.. Don't think the poor bloke knew she was gonna be so loud mate.

·
Registered
nissan
400 Posts
The little town of Jericho, in Central Western Qld, has the smallest drive-in in Australia, capacity 35 vehicles. And yes, it is still in operation.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Dongara in WA's Midwest still has one

·
Gunner
nissan patrol
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, I am amazed at how many Drive In's are still operating. Lets hope that they don't disappear, they are a fantastic thing in my book. Pity there are none in my neck of the woods, would love to take my stepson to one to show him.

·
"NOW TAKING BRIBES"
nissan
5,282 Posts
Id love one, what a great time filler!

They would be good fun to do a cruise to as well

·
Registered
833 Posts
There is one in Kingsley here in Perth. Still has speaker boxes or you can tune your radio in..

I love it, cheap night out really..

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
26,098 Posts
They have more character than these sterile cinemas of to-day and if you played up they'd p*ss you off quick smart.;)

Surprising how many would drive off with the speakers still connected at the end though.:crazy: The dusk to dawn nights were good value when I was going to them at Ipswich (Racview or Tivoli) especially the Horror nights. Some nights you could sit outside and watch them and still hear the sound if everyone had the speakers cranked up.:cool:

·
Registered
nissan
400 Posts
If your travelling north along the Bruce Goatrack, just north of Bororen on the left hand side, there is a huge advertising sign for a motel (I think), this used to be one of the screens at the old Rockhampton drive in.

·
Registered
Nissan
6,063 Posts
I think there are three drive in's in Greater Melbourne: Coburg, Dandenong and Dromana.

You can in fact book out the Dromana drive in for functions many of the hot rod car clubs do this.

I went to the Dromana drive in at the start of April and it did cross my mind that it would be a great Patrol 4x4 meet up venue.

Cheers

Justin

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
Theres one at gepps cross adelaide.
Old school.the back rows still have them speaker boxes you hang on your window.

It gets packed still.went there last night with the mrs.took a sixer and drank the movie away.lol.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using Tapatalk
I think it's the only one still running in Adelaide these days?
Would be a good spot for a meet up one night after a cruise. Just about all the Adelaide based vehicle clubs use it for a night out after a day cruise.

·
Registered
Nissan Safari
1,804 Posts
How much are they charging for entry now. remeber going to heaps of them with the oldies up in Townsville, love it. Saw some classics that were new then.
Al

·
Registered
nissan patrol GQ
8,025 Posts
I think it's the only one still running in Adelaide these days?
Would be a good spot for a meet up one night after a cruise. Just about all the Adelaide based vehicle clubs use it for a night out after a day cruise.
is the one at victor still going?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts