Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Trollers,

The door lock in my GU Patrol has been playing up lately, the model has remote locking and the remote locking features doesn't work and I can't manually lock or unlock the door from the inside bit inside the door handle, it's stuck and won't move but using the key works perfectly and never had a problem. Pulled the door card off and can't see anything broken or any corrosion.

:bs:

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,561 Posts
Hi Trollers,

The door lock in my GU Patrol has been playing up lately, the model has remote locking and the remote locking features doesn't work and I can't manually lock or unlock the door from the inside bit inside the door handle, it's stuck and won't move but using the key works perfectly and never had a problem. Pulled the door card off and can't see anything broken or any corrosion.

:bs:
There are a heap of plastic connection pieces on the locking and closing mechanism, check every one of those with with a torch, sometimes a worn/damaged one can cause the mechanism to lose fuul movement and hence not work.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
16,534 Posts
Just been down this road, went to shut the door, wouldn't catch. Had to drive around with a strap around the door and pillar. $350 for a new catch and the door works again. There is a thread on here somewhere that shows how to repair the catch.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi everyone, I replaced driver door lock mech with new however remote will not lock it, key locks now and remote unlocks, some friends happy to look at it tomoz but in the mean time they are happy for suggestions from forum. Haven't put extra earth yet, could that be a factor? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
nissan
2,303 Posts
Hi everyone, I replaced driver door lock mech with new however remote will not lock it, key locks now and remote unlocks, some friends happy to look at it tomoz but in the mean time they are happy for suggestions from forum. Haven't put extra earth yet, could that be a factor? Thanks in advance.
Does the lock move at all when the remote is used to lock the vehicle? Does the interior light work correctly? Interior light turns off when doors are closed? Do you have a second remote you can try?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for replying, interior lights appear to work well, go off when doors closed. No second remote. Inside door lock button doesn't move at all when remote active however there is active sounds coming from within the door panel.

·
Premium Member
nissan
2,303 Posts
Thanks for replying, interior lights appear to work well, go off when doors closed. No second remote. Inside door lock button doesn't move at all when remote active however there is active sounds coming from within the door panel.
You will need to remove the door trim and inspect what's going on. It's a good sign you can hear a clunk, possibly just jamming on something.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts