1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd throw up this link, saw website when in Auto One today

CUSTOMROCKERS

Don't know if it has been posted before, switches look good basically are Carling switch with engraved front and variety of colured led displays

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,054 Posts
That's who I bought mine through. Was really impressed until he didn't reply to 3 emails recently. Starting to get a bit annoyed now.

The ones I have atm I'm very happy with.

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
I'll just leave this option here.
mastercraft switches | eBay
That is just gold simmo. I spent half an hour thinking what accessories I could legitimately use such switches for. Gotta love the Ejector seat button. But I know that they are going to meet the disapproval of my passenger.

Anyway back to the more sensible switches:

Rhys90,
how bright are those switches. I am looking for some to put in my roof console and want to be able to read them at night but don't want the great blinding blue ARB type Carling switches above my head.

·
Registered
nissan
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I like Simmo's ones more:)

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,054 Posts
Geordie, I have the ARB style ones which I don't find too bad however I have one orange one which is a bit too bright. Red is bright too but my red switches are down low so not a problem.
I just jumped on the website again and noticed they don't do that style any more by the looks, which is probably why he isn't replying to my emails. Now I need to either find someone else who does custom switch caps (I have the switch bodies) or change to the new style which will cost me a fortune.

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GUIV
18,470 Posts
Try Roadrunner Rhys they organized some with custom labels for me once, but it was a couple of years ago admittedly.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,054 Posts
I'll work out what I need and send them an email.

·
Registered
nissan
978 Posts
Saw one with the biohazard symbol, and it said "zombie lights". Now I don't have zombie lights, but the switch took my fancy for a few minutes.

·
Registered
GQ Dual Cab. TD42Ti with fruit.
5,157 Posts
That is just gold simmo. I spent half an hour thinking what accessories I could legitimately use such switches for. Gotta love the Ejector seat button. But I know that they are going to meet the disapproval of my passenger.

Anyway back to the more sensible switches:

Rhys90,
how bright are those switches. I am looking for some to put in my roof console and want to be able to read them at night but don't want the great blinding blue ARB type Carling switches above my head.
I fixed that problem by using some coloured plastic glued inside the cover to work as a dimmer. It was a bit of one of those office plastic sleeves, coloured blue/green. Takes the edge off it and works well for me.

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GUIV
18,470 Posts
Good idea Shayne, maybe a smear of clear silicon would achieve the same thing to take the edge off the brightness?

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
Yes good idea. I do like to be able to see the switches at night but when you have anything up in the roof console or near the dash and in your line of sight at night, it is just too distracting. Nice dim glow of silicone sealer and some colored plastic sounds like a good easy way to experiment.

·
Registered
GQ Dual Cab. TD42Ti with fruit.
5,157 Posts
I chose the coloured plastic to try as it was blue/green, and changed the colour of the switches from bright blue to something a bit closer to my factory dash lights. So they are duller but also not a bright a blue now. But a dob of silicone might be worth a try and will be easier to do as well I reckon.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,054 Posts
If any one is looking for some of these switches, Shaun from 4x4 Extras in Perth is going to get some in for me but we need an order for 20 and I've only got 10 at the moment.I can get the switch bodies so if anyone is keen let me or Shaun know.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts