Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The little pissy things either side of the towbar off the rear chassis........... I want to cut one off.

They arent used for holding any type of rear bar or anything down track?

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To put a second 3" stainless tip on :) its short by about 10mm to mount them side by side.

I was just looking at dazas rear bar thread and there is 3/5ths of nothing holding them on... grinder it is.

I only had a quick look the other night and it was dark.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Why...
oh WHY!!! it's not a 17 year old's corolla is it? It's adiesel patrol! No bling on the exhaust...
:( don't do it!

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im hoping it will disperse smoke (if there is any after chipping) better than a single will....... or atleast it wont be a plume but merely a haze.

And if its louder as a result then that will just have to be called a wanted side effect.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Nice excuse ;)

·
Registered
nissan
198 Posts
To install my Kaymar rear bar you actually had to bend them slightly outwards. This is per the instructions, not just a dodgy job. So removing them would make my bar even easier to fit.

Cheers
Craig

·
Previously known as twodiffs
1991 GQ Safari.
3,684 Posts
They as useless as tits on a bull imo....mine got cut off a long long time ago.

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In due course, hoping to start friday night / saturday arvo.

Hardest part will be making the -< piece out of a pair of 30 degree 3" mandrels and keeping it straight.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
I cut mine off to fit my reece hitch... do it..
and the dual exhausts won't disperse the smoke much.
Mine puffs a bit before the turbo spools up, You can see the cloud from IN FRONT of the car with the whole vehicle dispersing the cloud.

lacky bands are good for marking straight cuts in pipe.
and you need a linisher or upside down belt sander to make a tee like that easily. or scallop one out to fit the other , weld em up and take to it with the die grinder from the inside.

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pics as promised. I cut the shipping off level with the chassis with a 4" slit disk then smoothed it, primed then two coats of black. Can be seen in the 2nd Pic.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,099 Posts
Im hoping it will disperse smoke (if there is any after chipping) better than a single will....... or atleast it wont be a plume but merely a haze.

And if its louder as a result then that will just have to be called a wanted side effect.

????????? Ya kidding???????????:confused:Really?? you MUST BE KIDDING???:confused:

You should have have just chopped the guard and put a decent sized pipe out there!!

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
Looks good. :cool:
Look even better with a 5 Poster Bar on the front, neon underbody lights and 21 inch rims with spinner hubcaps to match that new Bling on the rear

Hehehehehe... Sorry Benno, I know you can handle but some of the other 2.8 boys hereabouts can be a tad touchy and I get in the kaka if I don't make it obvious I'm jokin'

Actually I don't mind it... looks a nice neat job... :punkrock:

Now I'm really gunna cop it :rolleyes:

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks good benno, any noise difference?
Cheers
Troy
Only at idle it sounds a bit deeper, apart from that I couldnt tell on a short trip round the suburb last night, was pretty late and I was tired so it couldve sounded twice as loud and I wouldnt have known :)

·
Registered
612 Posts
fully sick

1 - 20 of 24 Posts