Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would post this satellite image of Cyclone Yasi, the remnants of cyclone Anthony can be seen in the bottom corner for comparison.
Tropical cyclone Storm Organism Colorfulness Geological phenomenon

or go here to see a moving image.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
How the **** do they work out the names of these things? Cyclone Tinkerbell will be next.

How about cyclone Imgonna****youup... or something like that.

·
Part of the furniture
nissan
4,563 Posts
How the **** do they work out the names of these things? Cyclone Tinkerbell will be next.

How about cyclone Imgonna****youup... or something like that.

theres a website you ca go to and suggest names;
and it's either lucky dip, or most number of suggestions for one name..

imagin 'cyclone truckster'

haha

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol 2004 GU III 3.O TD
112 Posts
Yasi is expected to be a Cat 4 or possible 5 when it makes landfall....

South Oz

·
Registered
Nissan
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They can't yet predict with any accuracy where it will make landfall. Somwhere between Hervey bay and Cape York. The whole state may be screwed....again

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
18 foot tidal surge expected!

·
Registered
nissan
400 Posts
The image posted is deceiving, as TC Anthony is well inland, and has lost a lot of its grunt. Landfall is wide open at the moment, for both time/date, and location. I hope its not too far south.

·
Registered
nissan 3.0
116 Posts
Not quite Old.School.Hero, each meteorology region has a list of names, based on their region and starting at A thru to Z. Depending on where they are up to decides the name. They also take into account the size and ferocity of the cyclone so they can jump names. As Yasi started outside our region, we did not name it. To give a bit of perspective on its size, I read that when it makes landfall, it has the potential to make Larry look like a summer storm.
I feel for the folks of Queensland, they can't take a trick at the moment.
On another note, I like the sound of Cyclone Truckster.
Cheers,

·
It's all good
nissan patrol
4,206 Posts
Not quite Old.School.Hero, each meteorology region has a list of names, based on their region and starting at A thru to Z. Depending on where they are up to decides the name. They also take into account the size and ferocity of the cyclone so they can jump names. As Yasi started outside our region, we did not name it. To give a bit of perspective on its size, I read that when it makes landfall, it has the potential to make Larry look like a summer storm.
I feel for the folks of Queensland, they can't take a trick at the moment.
On another note, I like the sound of Cyclone Truckster.
Cheers,
Yeah what he said ,
We have already strated disaster management at work just incase

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,689 Posts
We have only gotten the power back on in Airlie Beach a couple of hrs ago.
Ive been installing PCs with a headlamp on again. :D

It now looks like Yasi is going to hit on Wednesday arvo. Bugger. Thats when I am supposed to fly out. If Im lucky I will get stuck up here and will get to take heaps of cool pics.

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
334 Posts
We have only gotten the power back on in Airlie Beach a couple of hrs ago.
Ive been installing PCs with a headlamp on again. :D

It now looks like Yasi is going to hit on Wednesday arvo. Bugger. Thats when I am supposed to fly out. If Im lucky I will get stuck up here and will get to take heaps of cool pics.

what a bummer stuck in airlie beach with all those back packers floating around with **** all to do. YOU LUCKY BASTARD

·
Registered
338 Posts
Greetings,
man this Yasi bloke has got the whole town talking.
The latest predicted tidal surge of 4 m has me more worried. I should be right but am worried and saying prayers for family and freinds closer to the coast.

truck

1 - 20 of 165 Posts