Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Glasshouse Bogan #1
nissan patrol gu
9,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with a coil rear option this might be a good ute. I rekon it looks ok and with a td42 conversion and a live front axle chucked in along with a lift and 35s it could be a good thing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
its already 2 years old here that model but no issues to date. Sure is alot of Rangers having the engines pulled out in Africa so anything but a Ranger i guess is ok.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,294 Posts
It only went into production in Thailand in July?

As long as you did a DPF delete on them, it should be sweet. Fck Euro emission standards.

·
Registered
739 Posts
talking about this today and a good point was raised. The new engine will be EuroIV compliant and may possibly have more issues than their current platform.

However they are harping on about how much they are trying to increase their quality and admitted how poo their navara was in this regard.

off topic

For me I discovered something else today, an engines B10 rating , which is a truck engine rating. Did you know that the D-max engine has a b-10 rating of 500,000km. That is, statistically speaking, 10% of engines will require major work by 500,000km. This also means that 90% will not have required any major work prior to 500,000km. Major work is defined as having to pull the head or worse.

currently digging around whats out there in the dual cab market

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
They build them here 15 mins from my house in sta rosa techno park. I posted picture of that model here about 8 months back. There about 100 chassis all stacked at fence that they building up. We were looking at them last week when passed the Nissan factory. We currently have 6 version options to decide on with 6 spd or 5 spd box. I think it's very close to Hilux in looks and price. For the price they asking it makes more sense to buy V6 Hilux and thats why its not selling well here.

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,234 Posts
Will this one break in half too? :D

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,294 Posts
Probably, it is pretty much the same chassis. Has had some modification done from what I can tell (shortening and obviously accommodation for rear coil suspension)

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Probably, it is pretty much the same chassis. Has had some modification done from what I can tell (shortening and obviously accommodation for rear coil suspension)
from what i read its got a shorter wheel base and smaller turning circle than any other current ute. everyone has been making bigger and bigger utes, nice to see one going back to smaller and hopefully more maneuverable.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,294 Posts
Anyone else got an NP300? I got my ST-X a couple weeks ago and so far I'm loving it. Very comfortable car, great on fuel, good power. My only gripe is the infotainment system is a bit average and won't bluetooth stream music, but will manage calls from my iPhone 7, the maps are way out of date and the 7sp auto (same as the Y62 I believe) seems to hang in 3rd gear a bit too long.

Did a 600km trip from Shepp down to Philip Island the other day via the Yarra Valley (plenty of long straight 100-110km/h, hills, town speed). Averaged 7.6L/100km, that's less than half what my Patrol ute would have done and with more comfort and power.

·
Registered
Nissan
1,710 Posts
talking about this today and a good point was raised. The new engine will be EuroIV compliant and may possibly have more issues than their current platform.

However they are harping on about how much they are trying to increase their quality and admitted how poo their navara was in this regard.

off topic

For me I discovered something else today, an engines B10 rating , which is a truck engine rating. Did you know that the D-max engine has a b-10 rating of 500,000km. That is, statistically speaking, 10% of engines will require major work by 500,000km. This also means that 90% will not have required any major work prior to 500,000km. Major work is defined as having to pull the head or worse.

currently digging around whats out there in the dual cab market
I have heard that also for the Dmax, we have a 2015 Isuzu Mux which shares the same auto box and engine as the dmax and after over a year of ownership I must say a engine box combo match made in heaven can get as low as 7.8L/100 and averages 10.5L/100km towing a tonne not driving conservativly, and flat torque curve!! but the biggest let down in the Mux/Dmax i have found is exactly what the NP300 has, decent or comfortable front seats and good seating position.

I too will eventually be looking for a dual cab but right now no body makes what I want, i want. I want a vehicle that rides and handles like my Falcon Ute has decent seats like my falcon too, is as capable and durable as my GU patrol and has the fuel cionsumption of my wifes MUX...... guess this is why I have 3 vehicles.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,294 Posts
I too will eventually be looking for a dual cab but right now no body makes what I want, i want. I want a vehicle that rides and handles like my Falcon Ute has decent seats like my falcon too, is as capable and durable as my GU patrol and has the fuel cionsumption of my wifes MUX...... guess this is why I have 3 vehicles.
So why wouldn't an NP300 meet those criteria? There is nothing more durable in a ZD30CRD Patrol than in any dual cab ute. I reckon the Nav (with coil rear end) rides better than my wife's Territory. Not sure which has be better seats, but it's practically negligible as I haven't noticed. The fuel economy is best in class (beating the DMAX)

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
9,955 Posts
I have heard that also for the Dmax, we have a 2015 Isuzu Mux which shares the same auto box and engine as the dmax and after over a year of ownership I must say a engine box combo match made in heaven can get as low as 7.8L/100 and averages 10.5L/100km towing a tonne not driving conservativly, and flat torque curve!! but the biggest let down in the Mux/Dmax i have found is exactly what the NP300 has, decent or comfortable front seats and good seating position.

just put a falcon ute body on a patrol chassis, problem solved.

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
3,098 Posts
Anyone else got an NP300?
I've spent a fair bit of time in all of them. From DX Petrol, through RX, the new SL, ST and ST-X. Not really my cup of tea, but I'm not really the D/Cab type. I've also had two D40's (Thai RX & Spanish ST) as company cars and in spite of the fact that the chassis are very similar, the D23 is a massive improvement in comfort and refinement.

One suggestion I can make... You might want to consider swapping the 18" wheels for something smaller with a bit more rubber. The ST and SL with their 16" rubber actually rides better IMO.

Can't fault the engine, especially fuel consumption. :bigthumb:

I hope you get lots of joy out of it. :)

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,294 Posts
I've spent a fair bit of time in all of them. From DX Petrol, through RX, the new SL, ST and ST-X. Not really my cup of tea, but I'm not really the D/Cab type. I've also had two D40's (Thai RX & Spanish ST) as company cars and in spite of the fact that the chassis are very similar, the D23 is a massive improvement in comfort and refinement.

One suggestion I can make... You might want to consider swapping the 18" wheels for something smaller with a bit more rubber. The ST and SL with their 16" rubber actually rides better IMO.

Can't fault the engine, especially fuel consumption. :bigthumb:

I hope you get lots of joy out of it. :)
I've had a D22, a couple D40s and R51 Pathies as work cars and swore black and blue I'd never get a Nav/Pathy. But the D23 is a totally different car in terms of comfort, handling and drivability.

Thanks for the suggestion re: wheels. I think I'll be changing them to 17 or 16" wheels later down the track when I put some AT tyres on.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.