Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I scrapped the Astina from the list but have found this Laganza in good nick. It's an auto 2.2 with 200000 on the clock, rego runs out in a fortnight and they are asking for offer.

What's peoples opinion on these as the NRMA review is pretty good but I know nothing about these? :confused: Thanks.

Foo

Registered
nissan
Does it have to be an auto Foo? Both my kids learned in manuals. Son's first car was a Morris Minor and daughter's was a Triumph Toledo. They didn't keep them long. Son bought a Mazda 1300 Coupe and daughter bought a Corolla, both manuals. Both gave good service. Maybe a Corolla Coupe would do the business? I have no idea about prices these days.

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
Ok I scrapped the Astina from the list but have found this Laganza in good nick. It's an auto 2.2 with 200000 on the clock, rego runs out in a fortnight and they are asking for offer.

What's peoples opinion on these as the NRMA review is pretty good but I know nothing about these? :confused: Thanks.

Foo
Dont go there Foo:nono:

Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
Wouldn't trust a daewoo as far as I could throw it.
Go Japanese Foo.

Registered
Nissan
Not in a trillion trillion years.

Of that era stick to Japanese cars.

Cheers

Justin

Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He's going for a manual license Esty but doesn't give a stuff about what car he gets.

Foo

Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm feelin some hate for these cars. :)

Foo

Registered
nissan
it really depends ow much it is thats a fair amount of kms for 1 my wife had one as her second car we had it for a few yrs but everything started to die there is alot of electrics in them they even have side view mirror demisters, ours had less kms than that and the list of things that were dead were

dash peeled up, all the clear coat had lifted, electric windows would work when they want to they would go down but struggle to go up if at all, air con compressor leaked internally the car wasnt worth having it replaced, and the heater core sprung a leak it wasnt worth taking the dash out for, so it had no heater and no air con it was very pleasant to drive lol, and i also had to replace clutch, and constant leaks from ****ty plastic rocker cover, but it went ok for a i think it was a 2 litre i sold it for $1000

1986 SD33T SWB
Foo your best bet will probably be a Corolla. Yeah, the ones of the era you're looking at are ugly, and they're so fkn boring, but they're not too pricey, parts are everywhere, and they're reliable.

Reactions: Foo

Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hate this looking for a car. :headwall:

Foo

Registered
nissan patrol GQ
my ex's son works for a GM dealer

he reckons that korean cars from that era are boat anchors. ie daewoos and hyundai bubbles.

they offer between $150 to $500 as a trade in - and if the motor is buggered its not worth fixing

Glasshouse Bogan #1
nissan patrol gu
I remember doing the training course for daewoo when they first came out. The back window blew out into a million pieces while i was plugging in the diagnostic do dah. Either the body was too small or the window too big and the heat expanded it. Pretty sure some of them had that excellent camira engine too

Premium Member
nissan
I remember doing the training course for daewoo when they first came out. The back window blew out into a million pieces while i was plugging in the diagnostic do dah. Either the body was too small or the window too big and the heat expanded it. Pretty sure some of them had that excellent camira engine too
Maybe plugging the diagnostic do dah into the rear demister wasn't the right plug mate. How did the diagnostic do dah fair. Were you paying attention during that training course. LOLLOL

Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
My MIL had one.

Mago crap.

Get a lada niva.

Reactions: Franky73

1986 SD33T SWB
Yeah some Daewoo's had an engine based on the Family II engine... same engine family as the Camira's engine.

Speaking of shattering rear windows, I remember that a few HQ Monaro coupes had that problem right before they were released. A bunch of them shattered a few weeks before the cars were shipped out so they had to change to a different glass, apparently when people were restoring them, some people found little bits of shattered glass hidden under carpets and stuff.
A useless fun fact for ya lol.

Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
I will say this about them though...

I'd rather any daewoo as a boat anchor over a TD42. At least the anchor would get to its destination before the boat floated away.

Reactions: 45/70
1 - 17 of 17 Posts