Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah worked all day yesterday in the heat so today the wife, myself and a friend went to Kingston SE (SA) and headed up the beach towards the 42 mile crossing to escape the tv and todays heat.
Got side tracked early on though, about 5 kays past the Granites there are coastal dune tracks that go for a few kays (which aren't in the Coorong Nat Pk I must add ;), thats further up)

Some very testing dunes in this area IMO ranging from doable, to extreme, to "do you have a death wish?". Very soft and dry due to the heatwave. Tracks here are as tight as in places and twisty as hell making for some good articulation and tyre rubbing, also some white knuckle side angles. Makes a lot of Beachports dune tracks look very tame.
Went up as far as the 16 mile then back to Kingston for ice cream.
Weather was perfect, slight northerly breeze, and the ocean refreshing. Finished off the day with a paddle in the bay at Pinks Beach.
Missus friend took some pic's which I'll get off her and put up soon.

Dave

·
Registered
455 Posts
Those Dunes sound like a good challenge SUDSO .A good day was had then,cants wait to see the pics mate cheers MO

·
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bout 2-5 kays north of the granites.
Pics are still on my camera lol.

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
20,215 Posts
Can you google map the dunes please?

·
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Correction, pic's are on my missus phone. Will get her to load them onto the puta.
Can you google map the dunes please?
Yes, I'll try to put it up here although it's dead easy to find. You just head north along the beach from the Granites and you'll see the entrances to them from about 10 kays north of the granites. If you miss 'em you're blind! :p
Kingston SE and go north to granites. Another 10 kays north and on you'll see some big white patches and tracks in them.
You cant go in the dunes where the Coorong Nat Park starts from though. The south boundary of the Coorong Nat Pk is 25kms north of the Granites so stay out of the dunes there. The only tracks you're allowed on through the Coorong dunes are the beach access tracks eg: 16 mile, 28 mile, 32 mile crossings etc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts