Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get a banner ad from Dan's on this site. It reminds me of the price of VB and GOAK and some other things. What gave them away though was 'Crimson Cab. Sav.' I knew that bugger-all people would be buying that, I only did it once. So I'm being tracked by Dan's ... doesn't bother me but who else is tracking? And who and why? Obviously the ad content is tailored to the targeted individual. Anybody else noticed this?

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
20,283 Posts
I run AdBlock... never get any ad's ;)

·
GHMBC #3
nissan patrol gq lwb,3"lift.
3,788 Posts
google adsense or something knows your browsing history and directs ads to your ip address with permission of the site owner

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,226 Posts
I get 'buy an Asian wife' ones. I don't even find Asian women attractive nor do I want a wife

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,797 Posts
It is worse than you think Esty.

Just before I left Oz I got in the mail a letter from a car insurance mob and it was addressed as follows;

Drillerboy of Patrol fourxfour

With my physical address (as you would expect to get it in the mail).

OK, we all know that cookies are doing the spying, but the only way that they could have gotten my actual address is from my PM's where I have told it to a few people like Nissnut, Nizzbizz, Ethan and Brad, who helped Nissnut and I clean out a mates house, where I lived.

So, be warned, you are being spied on ...

·
Registered
Nissan Safari
1,804 Posts
I get betting ads and don't even buy lotto tickets...WTF!

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,676 Posts
I wish I got those ads.
Crimson Sav is now my missus's 2nd favourite drink. Dans had them for $5 a bottle last week. Bonus. :)

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Join up with your local Dan's website and I guarantee you'll get his banner ads on here and they'll remind you what you looked at.

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is a bit of a worry DB. Thanks for the heads-up. I won't be posting my address on any forums I go to from now on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts