Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gday All,

Any members on here in Darwin, if so, are you members of any local Fourbee clubs, official or unofficial?

·
Registered
nissan
201 Posts
Hey Ned I'm in Darwin too, I joined up on the Darwin 4x4 net forum a while back but there's very little activity on there. Haven't looked into 4wdterritory one yet though, that may be better. Driving clubs there is the Top End 4wd club which I may join too.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gday ntpatrol thanks for the info i had a look into the club this arvo looks good going i rekn i will probably join meself. A couple of mates and myself are planin a weekend or at least a day out the **** very soon if you are keen mate il let u know abit more soon. The more the merrier :)

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
For what it's worth - I was new to 4x4 when I bought a GU and joined Patrol4x4.com, and I got a lot more out of just heading out with forum members than I did from the club I joined.

Clubs suit some people perfectly, not a good fit for me though. I work best when not encumbered by rules :)

I do know that clubs do a lot more for our interests than most people realise - lobbying government and environmental groups for example, to keep tracks open. So I do encourage people to get involved in clubs, even if just as financial members.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For what it's worth - I was new to 4x4 when I bought a GU and joined Patrol4x4.com, and I got a lot more out of just heading out with forum members than I did from the club I joined.

Clubs suit some people perfectly, not a good fit for me though. I work best when not encumbered by rules

I do know that clubs do a lot more for our interests than most people realise - lobbying government and environmental groups for example, to keep tracks open. So I do encourage people to get involved in clubs, even if just as financial members.
Hey Squalo i tend 2 agree with you on the "rules" part... never been a big fan.
but on the other hahahand i am always keen on learning sumthin new and i would imagine there would be bit of knowledge to be gained from the club members.
Would interested to know how many members of the forum are up here in the topend?? Any ideas as to finding out?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts