Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2000 GU TD42T, 33's, 2in superior lift
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, I have a new td05 18g on the way, along with Fatz airbox and intake, looking for a front mount and will eventually upgrade to a superior 3in lift kit, lockers etc etc. I'll looking for recommendations for mechanics, exhaust shops, and generally workshops with decent patrol experience and/or 4x4 knowledge to help with some of these mods.

To narrow it down for recommendations for short term mods
  • Exhaust shop for dump pipe (to match existing exhaust to V band or new exhaust pattern)
  • Tuner
  • Front mount

TIA for any help. Also, keen to see a few patrols out having fun once I'm set-up

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
15,236 Posts
Hey there, I have a new td05 18g on the way, along with Fatz airbox and intake, looking for a front mount and will eventually upgrade to a superior 3in lift kit, lockers etc etc. I'll looking for recommendations for mechanics, exhaust shops, and generally workshops with decent patrol experience and/or 4x4 knowledge to help with some of these mods.

• Exhaust shop for dump pipe (to match existing exhaust to V band or new exhaust pattern)
  • Tuner
  • Front mount

TIA for any help. Also, keen to see a few patrols out having fun once I'm set-up
I’m sure @Marko_SJ can give you a link.

Reactions: joet

·
Registered
CRD Wagon
1,158 Posts
I’m sure @Marko_SJ can give you a link.
As usual, I don't have any actual useful advice. There's a few mechs around me that people use and I have used in the past.

For suspension you could try LandS off-road or the 4x4 wrecker on Coonawarra road.

Brakes and clutch Phil Kerr's was good. There's a guy that does dyno tuning in the rural area somewhere.

Honestly if the OP can find a place that Patrols aren't openly treated with contempt and with good knowledge I'd like to know too.
@razor2000 any input mate?

·
Registered
nissan
2,202 Posts

• Tuner
  • Front mount

For Mechanical I’d go Northtrack out at East Arm, had no stuff ups from them on work they’ve done.
For exhaust I’d go Toms Mufflers in Winnellie or Armed Fab, only issue with Armed Fab is they are a bit out of town.
For a tuner I’d go Territory mechanical solutions, pretty sure he uses CB racings dyno out Humpty Doo way.
For suspension I’d go L&S Suspension out at Berrimah and speak to Lochie, will be hard to do as he’s mainly out the back installing stuff, or Kyle who’ll be easier to get as he’s usually front of house or shuffling papers in his little office.
For auto electrics I’d go Top North Auto Airconditioning in Winnellie
Hope that those guys can sort you out with whatever you need

·
Registered
2000 GU TD42T, 33's, 2in superior lift
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers for that. I'll give these guys a go when everything gets here and ready to go

1 - 5 of 5 Posts