·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,194 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
291 Posts
hahah what a funny bugger , looks like he used paint stripper instead of armour-all

·
Registered
nissan
400 Posts
Mine is getting to be that bad. Its being replaced shortly. BUT, 1 question. For those who have had theirs replaced, do they also replace the vertical panel above the glovebox- below the dashboard. You can see his is bubbling at 1.00. Mine is as well.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
19 Posts
I had my dash replaced for free even after warranty ran out and i can confirm that they did replace the vertical panel above the glove box.. All parts and labour was included, i paid nothing. The nissan dealer i dealt with had never done one before and i told them Nissan australia were offering the extended warranty because it was a product failure. They contacted nissan australia and were asked for the vin number and trim codes and they said no problem.. Fixed within 1 week of my first visit to the dealer.

·
Registered
nissan
1,529 Posts
Good on him! Get up the *****s.

·
Registered
nissan
400 Posts
Yep, just had a phone call back from DC Motors in Rocky, confirming the new dash has arrived, and includes the vertical panel above the glove box. Booked in for 2nd of Feb to be done under warranty. That will be its third dash.

What is interesting is, I have a dash mat, and also have a Black Widow dash organiser that lays on top of the dash, in the middle, velcroed to the dash mat. About the only place where the dash has not bubbled on mine is where the organiser lays, so I am thinking of revamping my dash mat, lining underneath it with that self adhesive, heat reflective foil insulation. See if that helps.

·
Registered
nissan
171 Posts
ive read about the dashes being rooted, but have never seen a photo

that is ****ing terrible. Nissan need a good kick up the arse. That, the ZD problems and whatever else, is just not good enough in this day and age

·
Registered
nissan
271 Posts
Is this problem occurring on the gu7's? Or have they finally made the dash out of uv resistant plastics?

·
Registered
nissan
86 Posts
Mine is an 09 model. My problem is that to get mine replaced, I have to drive 300kms north to Darwin which I won't be reimbursed for. Also requiring accommodation over night as they take almost a day to fix it. All good fun hey

·
Registered
nissan
400 Posts
I am looking at 200km each way. I asked how long it would take, and was told the dealer gets reimbursed 2 1/2 hrs labour, so the job should only take around that time. I am planning a return trip in one day. I even declined an offer of a rental whilst the Nissan was getting done. I dont mind their lounge in the showroom.

·
Registered
205 Posts
wow, never seen one that bad.
CHECK THIS OUT!!

As I was describing. My whole dash is a discrace of teenager zits.
Has always had a mat.

Gee... I wonder if Nissan dealer will have a part of this?
Any recomendations?

Attachments

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
2,517 Posts
CHECK THIS OUT!!

As I was describing. My whole dash is a discrace of teenager zits.
Has always had a mat.

Gee... I wonder if Nissan dealer will have a part of this?
Any recomendations?

No need to post the same post in multiple threads.

·
Registered
205 Posts

No need to post the same post in multiple threads.
Just incase some following other threads is all

1 - 19 of 19 Posts