Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone wired up the factory diff lock dash lights with ARB air lockers so they are on when in use like the transfercase light on dash ?. I know its not necessary as the locker switches light up when in use , but its just a thought , if its been done and whats involved, and is there 2 one for the rear and one for the front ?. I know the 79 cruisers at work have front and rear diff lock lights and are much easier to see even when not illuminated , but on the GU I have only seen the one.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Wouldnt be that hard i would think. Just run a wire from the solenoid activation wire to the wire behind the dash. I know on a GQ it is a orange wire, the only other thing you may need to do is put a globe and holder in the socket for it
I dont know if there is 2 but the one for both lockers is all bad?

Good luck,

Steve.

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,552 Posts
Has anyone wired up the factory diff lock dash lights with ARB air lockers so they are on when in use like the transfercase light on dash ?. I know its not necessary as the locker switches light up when in use , but its just a thought , if its been done and whats involved, and is there 2 one for the rear and one for the front ?. I know the 79 cruisers at work have front and rear diff lock lights and are much easier to see even when not illuminated , but on the GU I have only seen the one.
They only have 1 light in the dash for the diff lock. Patrols only had one locker.
The factory dash light is activated from a switch inside the locker actuator on the rear diff so it only comes on when the diff is actually locked, not when just turned on.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Any progress on this? Wouldn't mind doing it myself...

Found a little info here Outer Limits 4x4 Board • View topic - GQ factory diff lock swap HELP!

As Sudso said, there is only one Diff Lock Light in the trolls, but you can run both signals to the single lamp, so it illuminates when either (or both) lockers are activated... You will need to use a diode on each signal wire so as to not get voltage feeding back to the other circuit... eg. both lockers engaging when only selecting front (or vise versa)... hope that makes sense.

I'd just like to know where the wires to the light are on a 1990 GQ Maverick????

·
Registered
378 Posts
the wire is under the passengers seat under the black plastic cover and i think from memory its purple but i dont think the globe is fitted to the dash either

1 - 5 of 5 Posts