Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After this happened, I thought it was time to start a "Dashcam near miss thread" for members, just us not someone else's vids they can go into youtube or what ever.

Traveling back from Nambour behind this trailer........ He had a cargo net over the load but obviously not secure enough to contain contents. Luckily there were no other cars at this time so I was able to cross the lane to avoid direct contact with the paint, even then The Troll is covered in a fine white spray which due to the truck being a bit dirty will come off with a bit of rubbing, most of you know how much I take care I take with the old girl and I had visions of this being an expensive disaster.

https://vimeo.com/102896967

Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
Retard! :eyepoke:

Can you zoom in for a rego number?

Foo

Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
Are you sure thats a 3 litre? Its very smooth and no whopping bang at the end!!

:lol: sorry

I hope you either caught up to him and told him what happened or reported it to the po po.

Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
I had a very near miss with some fukwit that pulled out in front of me. Almost ran up the back of the moron. I'll have to see if I have the video or if it's been recorded over.
The vid wasn't very impressive as theres no sound, but there was a lot of squealing from the tyres and a lot of me swearing my head off at him.

Currently in PAD rehab

Registered
nissan gu

Currently in PAD rehab
Watch for the car coming the other way. He only just missed it!

Also he was tail gating me after a stupid overtaking manouver on the car behind me, then took off at speed. The speed limit on that road is 100kmh.
The camera doesn't show how close he was to a head on, and the car coming the other way heading to the dirt shoulder.

Later down the road we caught up to him.. He got stuck behind a very large convoy of bikies.. Was pretty funny.. He was furious..

I have a 1080p dashcam that is on when the car is on. I should grab some more vids off it and upload them.

Registered
overtaking you with barrier on either side. i would have just leaned on him into the concrete.

had some dumb idiot today drive beside me in my blind spot going into a 2-1 merge section. i put indicators on and leaned on him a little. he got the message! of course instead of slowing down he sped up and shot the gap.

didn't have the cam in the work ute today. had one of those woman drivers that do 75-80 km/h untill you get to the passing lane. then they speed up and of course she sat behind me while i cruise at 100km/h. then one that was in a big hurry to pass, overtook, then slowed down slower than what i was driving at originally.
they make the world a little more interesting!

Registered

this was on my old system.
convicted. he lost his license that day for speeding and lost it again for that incident.

got pics somewhere of a truck driver pushing a school bus off the road at the end of a passing lane. cops never did get back to me on that.

Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

this was on my old system.
convicted. he lost his license that day for speeding and lost it again for that incident.
Man that second overtake was bloody insane, he should have been sent to a mental institution not just lose his license.

Registered
nissan
After this happened, I thought it was time to start a "Dashcam near miss thread" for members, just us not someone else's vids they can go into youtube or what ever.

Traveling back from Nambour behind this trailer........ He had a cargo net over the load but obviously not secure enough to contain contents. Luckily there were no other cars at this time so I was able to cross the lane to avoid direct contact with the paint, even then The Troll is covered in a fine white spray which due to the truck being a bit dirty will come off with a bit of rubbing, most of you know how much I take care I take with the old girl and I had visions of this being an expensive disaster.

https://vimeo.com/102896967
Im actually very concerned about your backing music.....:shock:

Reactions: 1 person

Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 17 of 17 Posts