Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of getting a Dawes and Needle valve for my 05 3ltr, where is the best place to buy them I live on the Gold Coast, but happy to buy over the internet.

Yeahright

·
Registered
nissan
4,454 Posts
Which of the valves is the one to get, i'm guessing the TDi one

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,407 Posts
whoops double posted somehow

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,407 Posts
Dependable distributors can send you an italian needle valve, just let them know its for your diesel patrol. Very friendly service and cheaper than Pirtek (when i checked anyway)

Welcome to Dependable Distributors

·
Registered
nissan patrol
449 Posts
The hardest part of the setup is finding somewhere to buy the needlevalve from. I went to a local hydrolic shop and expained it to them. $60 later and I had the correct size needle valve. There are NO specific needle valves made directly for the use in boost control. They are used to control liquedss and fluids in hydrolic applications.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,195 Posts
Any Pirtek or good Hydraulics/Pneumatics establishment have it in stock or will get it for you, your after a 1/8th BSPF DV6 needle valve, but there is one model that has a one way operation, you don't want that one.

·
Registered
nissan
95 Posts
Hi All
Am getting one from Southcotts, if i was to give them the part number would that be ok or do i need another part number for them?
cheers

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,195 Posts
Hi All
Am getting one from Southcotts, if i was to give them the part number would that be ok or do i need another part number for them?
cheers
If your referring to the 1/8BSPF DV6 then that is pretty much a generic description they would recognise.

·
Registered
nissan
173 Posts
OK I just searched the Dependable Distributers Web site and they must of had a few guys calling and asking cause I found pack

Nissan Patrol Turbo Boost Adjust Kit.
Stock Code: 201139

Comes complete with all you will need to rectify the problem of Boost Pressure from the Turbo on the Nissan Patrol.

Price: $85.00 ex GST

I will call them this week and order mine this just makes it to easy to get what I need (I have had the dawes valve just sitting there for a while now). I don't work for them or have any vested interest and live in Brisbane but this is looking good

Hope it helps others

·
Resident Social Democrat
6,258 Posts
OK I just searched the Dependable Distributers Web site and they must of had a few guys calling and asking cause I found pack

Comes complete with all you will need to rectify the problem of Boost Pressure from the Turbo on the Nissan Patrol.

I will call them this week and order mine this just makes it to easy to get what I need (I have had the dawes valve just sitting there for a while now). I don't work for them or have any vested interest and live in Brisbane but this is looking good

Hope it helps others
THAT is an absolute PEARL!!

Ta Damo!!

·
Registered
nissan
149 Posts
Hi guys,

Reading some of the posts in the past - some of the guys talk about a dual dawes/needle setup to manage both high and low boost mode.

Is the setup from these suppliers suggested a mono or dual?

Cheers
Guido:D

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,637 Posts
3Bar Racing will sell you the bits required for a dual TDI boost controler (Dawes Valve) setup.

·
Registered
nissan
2,707 Posts

Hope it helps others
Mmmm, me thinks Chaz and I should be getting royalties :lol:

Great kit but needs longer vacuum hose and two "T" pieces for breaking into the VNT and bleed line (at the filter) if you want to install it in the cabin.

:cheers:

·
Registered
nissan patrol
449 Posts
Mmmm, me thinks Chaz and I should be getting royalties :lol:

Great kit but needs longer vacuum hose and two "T" pieces for breaking into the VNT and bleed line (at the filter) if you want to install it in the cabin.

:cheers:
X2, you guys helped me imensly when I was putting mine in.

PS. I think the single dawes/needle setup will suffice for 99.9% of Patrol owners.

·
Resident Social Democrat
6,258 Posts
X2, you guys helped me imensly when I was putting mine in.

PS. I think the single dawes/needle setup will suffice for 99.9% of Patrol owners.
Ta Dan!

That sorted THAT little quandry out! Only single Dawes for me then! And ta Chaz for the extra requirements for the kit from the supplier of the needle valve!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
3Bar Racing will sell you the bits required for a dual TDI boost controler (Dawes Valve) setup.
The components used in the dual dawes system can be used to set up a dual needle valve system, obviously swapping the second dawes for a second needle valve.

Guido mentioned existing posts. This is the one on the dual needle system:http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/nissan-patrol-gu-gr-10/single-dawes-valve-dual-needle-setup-42841/

I am going to go single dawes first, perfect that and then try a dual needle system.

I have a few questions. I am blocking the egr as well. Can you set up the single needle & dawes, before blocking the EGR and run it for a while to iron out the settings? Then after blocking the EGR, make any final adjustments on the needle.

Grogey.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,195 Posts
The components used in the dual dawes system can be used to set up a dual needle valve system, obviously swapping the second dawes for a second needle valve.

Guido mentioned existing posts. This is the one on the dual needle system:http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/nissan-patrol-gu-gr-10/single-dawes-valve-dual-needle-setup-42841/

I am going to go single dawes first, perfect that and then try a dual needle system.

I have a few questions. I am blocking the egr as well. Can you set up the single needle & dawes, before blocking the EGR and run it for a while to iron out the settings? Then after blocking the EGR, make any final adjustments on the needle.

Grogey.
Absolutely, but you may need to readjust the dawes as well when you do the EGR due to the changed spool up rate. It is always better to make one change at a time, to me you come out of the exercise better educated that way.

I recently changed the size of the boost line to the dawes, still 3mm to the gauge but stepped it to 6mm to the dawes, after doing this I had to readjust the dawes, small things can make a difference.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Absolutely, but you may need to readjust the dawes as well when you do the EGR due to the changed spool up rate. It is always better to make one change at a time, to me you come out of the exercise better educated that way.

I recently changed the size of the boost line to the dawes, still 3mm to the gauge but stepped it to 6mm to the dawes, after doing this I had to readjust the dawes, small things can make a difference.

Thanks for the clarification Geeyoutoo,

I can see me trying to do both some Sunday arvo and getting into a big mess. One step at a time will suit me. I just wasn't certain things would not go t*ts up when the EGR starts to operate at different boost levels.

Trying to think logically about it, the Dawes system will increase boost in the induction side at the point where the egr opens. The additional boost pressure will reduce the pressure differential between the exhaust and induction, so its harder to recirulate the exhaust. The end result should simply be less exhaust gets recirculated.

Cheers,

Grogey

1 - 20 of 27 Posts