Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gday all i have fitted 2 dawes valves and a soleniod does the air line go to 1 valve and the vaccum to the other valve? i cant get any more than 6 psi on low or high what could be the problem? how do you adjust the valves for more boost? iam very very :confused: :confused: :confused: Cheers Richard

·
Grenade Master
GU4 05
2,613 Posts
Adjusting the valves is easy, unlock the brass lock nut (on the vacuum side/T piece side) and turn the round knurled adjuster clockwise for more boost. Make sure you mark and count your turns so you can have some reference point. Cheers
See here for diagram of a setup http://www.chaz.yellowfoot.org/Manual Boost Controller.htm

·
Registered
Nissan
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive got low boost set at 10psi but still cant set high at 16psi i can only get 10psi the dawes valve is screwed all the way in Cheers Richard

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,673 Posts
Ive got low boost set at 10psi but still cant set high at 16psi i can only get 10psi the dawes valve is screwed all the way in Cheers Richard
You need to unscrew that Dawes valve all the way. Take the spring out and stretch it a bit. Put it back together and all will be good.

·
Registered
Nissan
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool ill give that a whurl and see how we go Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts