Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone , is anyone keen to meet up in brisbane on boxing day ?Nothing hard just a cruise near caboulture and glass house ? Even southside if anyones keen or knows some tracks to do ? Would be great to meet a few people !
Let us know if ya keen !

HEY GUYS , STILL A GO AHEAD FOR BOXING DAY (UPDATED 22nd )

Everyone who's going on boxing day glass house mountains / caboulture day out , we will meet at matilda service station on steve irwin way at 11 am, switch to cb 26 .
Post to let us know if your keen everyone :) should be a great day out !

·
Registered
nissan
1,176 Posts
Might be very keen if you do the Glasshouse track/s as i have never been, or even a spin on Bribie would be OK if its a nice day, have to make sure i don't have to work first i guess :rolleyes:

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
Boxing Day at Glasshouse sounds like a great idea. I am pretty familiar with the fun stuff there.

Anyone going will have to think about Xmas Day libations, as too many orange whips on the day/evening could lead to problems if the RBTs are out on Boxing Day. I plan to solve that by getting stuck in on Xmas Eve instead.

·
Registered
nissan
1,086 Posts
Boxing Day at Glasshouse sounds like a great idea. I am pretty familiar with the fun stuff there.

Anyone going will have to think about Xmas Day libations, as too many orange whips on the day/evening could lead to problems if the RBTs are out on Boxing Day. I plan to solve that by getting stuck in on Xmas Eve instead.
love the planning ahead Murray:D. depending on how seedy we are we may come for a run in the new truck if you end up at g/house. only a 10% chance though as the whole family enjoy the orange whips.

·
Registered
nissan
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet , yeah difficulty cant be too hard , dont know the tracks there , if one of you guys would show us that would be great ! Wheres somwhere central for everyone to meet ? Im at strathpine , thinking about the big Bp on the highway goin north , before the bribie island turnoff

·
Registered
nissan
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool sounds like a great location , times anyone ? 11 am to let those with aftereffect wear off or earlier ?

·
Registered
nissan
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool , everyone ...
Meet at. 11 At matilda on steve irwin way on boxing day ,
Yay or nay .. Hope to see a few of you there !
Will post again christmas eve to confirm whos still going :)

·
Registered
nissan
1,176 Posts
Sounds good !

Burto, you could edit and add that info to your first post (perhaps in red) that way everyone wont have to scroll through all the posts to get to the trip info ?

Perhaps mention a CB channel, channel 26 ? (easy to remember as its the date, 26th)

·
Registered
nissan
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah for sure im hoping somone will take the lead , i ve never been , only around caboulture pine plantations a couple of times , love gettin dirty !!

·
Banned
1,723 Posts
Depending on the number of sherberts on xmas day I`ll see if the missus or son can get the bus there and then I`ll wheel from the start of the dirt stuff . Son will be keen for a wheel also , he`s a crazy lead foot Never been so am keen as .

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
I can plan a bit of a route that takes in some of the good stuff without getting too carried away.

ATs will be ok there, I've seen Patrols with ATs go pretty much everywhere in GH so long as it's not saturated. And on that, if the weather is/has been really bad prior to the 26th, we can still go, we'll just have to be a bit more careful about where we go.

Here's what usually happens - everyone meets at the Matildas with drinks/snacks/lunches and recovery gear. We drive to where the first track of the day kicks off, get everyone off the road, and air down (25psi is good for GH, gives great traction, smoother ride and stops you tearing your tyres up on the rocks). Then we go... and stop, and go, and stop. There is plenty of leg stretching involved while you reccy the next bit or watch your new mates try to clear the bit you've just got through. Usually we eat on the run but a scheduled lunch stop (i.e. wherever we happen to be at 1pm or so) isn't a bad idea.

Here's some things to bring - at least half a tank of fuel, full windscreen washer bottle, snacks, drinks, lunch, recovery gear, camera. Also an old towel or three in case you get muddy, a big plastic bag to put a muddy snatch strap into, and suitable footwear for mud and rock. Also bring a hat, it gets pretty hot out there and a few of the stopping points have little or no shade.

·
Registered
nissan
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks alot squallo , i vote you lead for the trip if you dont mind that is :) , looking to be a great day out i hope we will get a few peple to come out!!:D thanks again squallo !

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol 2005
49 Posts
Safety in numbers. The mrs is going shopping. I was gonna watch the cricket, but this seems like more fun... can test out the new locker!!
I'll pencil it in.

·
Creepy Lurker
nissan
542 Posts
If i get bored at my cousins place at Caboolture I'll head on up with the mrs and daughter for a play around with you guys. Been wanting to see Glasshouse and try out the new ATZ's I just put on. How would a stock height GU go?

·
Registered
Nissan
1,671 Posts
If i get bored at my cousins place at Caboolture I'll head on up with the mrs and daughter for a play around with you guys. Been wanting to see Glasshouse and try out the new ATZ's I just put on. How would a stock height GU go?
You will have a blast, height shouldn't be a problem.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts