Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I've just purchased my first 4wd and take possession in a few weeks (car is over east).
Im really keen to get out and use it but don't know of many places to take it nor do I really want to go out with out people who know what they are doing to make sure the wheels stay grounded lol.

So any suggestions of places to go that dont require alot of 4x4 experience and where is the best place this forum or any other, to keep an eye out for trips being planned where its cool to just tag along.

Im in Perth WA

Cheers guys Gordon

·
Premium Member
Nissan GU1 4.2
421 Posts
A lot of people get hurt trying things and making basic mistakes (not saying you will). Join a good club and they will include driver training and driver support for trips.

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
The best thing I did when I got my first 4wd was to go driving with people from this forum who knew what they were doing.

Reactions: Deccers

·
Elmo
Nissan
4,899 Posts
X2 Murray.

I went out by myself a few times just on firetrails when I first bought my car, then I went to a 4x4 park with several mates and learnt a hell of a lot. I'm still actually learning and I've been driving my truck for years.

We hosted a learn day run a while ago for all our patrol newbies in which I led them through Glass house showing them the do's the don't's and also letting them just give it a ago! It was highly rated from all members who visited - http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/trips-touring-treks-23/after-learning-run-after-15-10-a-88426/

I'm against 4x4 clubs - purely for the fact I haven't met a person in one that isn't a complete Fcukwit but each to their own and I'm easily corrected if wrong :).

Get out there, be safe, use common sense and for god sake get out of the car and look at what you're going to be driving because you never know what you're getting into until your stuck or worse!

·
Registered
Nissan
2,992 Posts
Deccers, if you're not careful people might think that you are giving out real advice :p

·
Registered
nissan
317 Posts
Hi Gordon,

I'm in Perth too (near joondalup) when you get your rig pm me and we can organise a day out if you'd like, I'm always heading somewhere.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
7,475 Posts
X2 mate.
Happy to take ya up to power line track and help guide you through.
I'm no pro but happy to help and have few years experience under my belt.
Power line track good too as it has heaps and only need pt push as hard as your willing to go.
Otherwise check out entire 4wd training.
Top bloke, only just did a trip on weekend with him.

·
Registered
nissan
4,831 Posts
I'll take you out and show you a few tracks to follow me on:naughty::angel:

Seriously most on here are willing and able to show a newby, expect no pressure to do what your not comfortable with, learning how to is pretty much up to you setting your own pace and obstacle levels

Ohh yeah and say good bye to your bank balance:mrgreen:

·
Registered
nissan
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DECCERS:

Had a look at that thread from GH man looked like a killa day and a great idea.
Im not much of a club person myself always just hoped id be able to go out with a heap of people and will obviously "click" with some more than others and then just tag along with them when they go out.

CARLMAN & HEAVENSENT

Legends cheers just waiting on a brake in workload to head over to QLD to pick it up.
Once ive got it ill be in touch with you both to head out one day beers on me afterwords.
Was also looking at the Entire 4WD Training last night if i knew exactly when i would be back with the car i would have booked in for sure.

MADK1W1

Same deal dude thanks heaps I will definitely take all of you up on the offer perhaps go out as a group.
I have a race car to Madk1w1 so I don't even own a wallet there is just no point lol, in fact the patrol is actually its new tow vehicle, just convenient that i can also use it recreationaly lol

PS how do you Multi quote post's??

·
Registered
nissan
4,831 Posts
multi quote just click on the " in first posts then on quote in last one you wish to quote

Patrol might not be up to towing duties if you follow me in standard trim, sometimes we like the harder lines or just breaking something trying them:)

·
Registered
nissan
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah cool Im mad keen to get out there just got to bloody get over and grab it the wait is killing me lol.
Madk1w1 its got 5 inch lift and 35s atm but when i need to tow long distance ill pull the lift out and put the stock wheels on it. Only 3 or 4 times a year i need to tow over long distances. perth to Sydney type deal the most of the towing is withing 100-200km from my place.

Well that the theory anyway.

·
Registered
Nissan patrol gq
751 Posts
Yeah cool Im mad keen to get out there just got to bloody get over and grab it the wait is killing me lol.
Madk1w1 its got 5 inch lift and 35s atm but when i need to tow long distance ill pull the lift out and put the stock wheels on it. Only 3 or 4 times a year i need to tow over long distances. perth to Sydney type deal the most of the towing is withing 100-200km from my place.

Well that the theory anyway.
You can drive it from QLD to PERTH via the Simpson dessert right through the middle & by the time you get home you will be a real pro. LOL

·
Registered
nissan
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If I get home lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts