Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol 89 gq td42
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone suggest a place to take my gq patrol. Already done the powerline tracks to many times want to go somewhere new tomorrow. Hope you lot have some great ideas for me. Cheers

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,054 Posts
Hey man, I stumbled across this a while ago, and its really quite interesting!
Might help you out :)

4x4 Earth Australia for 4WD Tracks

Has all the tracks in Australia, including a ****load around Perth I never knew existed!

·
Registered
nissan
628 Posts
good find that website!

but alas only 2 tracks close (400k away) to me that are on there. :( still will give them a go.

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
This dude has some tracks as well... bushtrax.com (none in the Pilbarra tho Jonesy)

Boss... you may need to tag along with a 4WD Club or two. Not many people will put a lot of spots up on the Web.

Or... just go exploring... Logue Brook, Harvey, Brunswick all have heaps of play spots. Julimar, Pinjar has a couple... Wilbinga if you are into sand

Exploring east of the Disease Risk Area off the Brookton Highway can get interesting if it ever rains...

·
Registered
nissan
99 Posts
Julimar Forrest just outside of toodyay isn't bad In the dry, would be very interesting in the wet. But it's only the western boarder rd(comes off julimar rd) then right onto flat rocks road and then right at the property gate that's worth the trip the rest is just flat tracks. Lots of washout and ruts so I'd imagine it b quite fun in the wet.

·
Anger management pi$$es me off
nissan
7,539 Posts
iS THERE ANYTHING THAT IS HARD AND A CHALLANGE AROUND SOUTHERN W.A IN THE WINTER MONTH'S?MAYBE HARVEY?

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
Yes, there's a spot or three. More towards Brunswick, Collie than Harvey but there are two climbs and a Creek Run near Harvey Dam that can be pretty awesome if there is plenty of rain

·
Registered
gu nissan
12 Posts
Hi Boss
Have u ever been along the Moore river- driving up the river bed?
Excellent track and a pretty good hill climb up that way as well, that will test your 4by if you dont have diff locks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Be carefully going up the Moore River when the river is low and not to full around 30 cm deep and no wider than 5 metres it’s a hell of a lot of fun.

Make sure straps are on hand to go because if you get stuck you want to get out ASAP, sinking sand!!!!

Me and a mate went down it when it was about 1/2 meter deep and he drown his car (write-off), then last time I went up River it was very low we drove all the way up only to hit sinking sand, 9 hours, 3 straps and a lot of digging later he was out not nice, a good excuse to buy a winch.

So be carefully.

It can be a lot of fun but can turn to **** pretty quickly.

Don’t go alone and make sure one car has a winch and you will have a ball up there

1 - 9 of 9 Posts