Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
nissan gq
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope everyone turned there clocks back this morning or last night.
Daylight savings is crap you just get use to it then the time changes and you have to get back to normal,why can't we just have one time all year round.

·
Registered
nissan GU iv 2006
1,717 Posts
I love it, get home from work at 6pm and can still play with the kids out side till 7.30 :)

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
Daylight savings sux, stupid gay idea.

Thank christ it will never happen again in Qld.

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,852 Posts
We would not know in WA, 3 referendums and still in the dark…

I’m all for it when we did have it, and so are my mates, they get home and we have BBQ’s at the beach / foreshore with kids etc while it’s still light. But in my personal case it does not really matter, when I’m on time off every day is daylight saving on a Sunday (without the crowds) haha. Now if could just get the damn wife out of bed before 10am I would really be cookin with gas.

I hear the cows in Margaret River thought it suked and apparently the curtains are not designed for the extra hour each day, so don’t last as long…….

·
mechanical necromancer
1,682 Posts
yep that's right Queenslanders voted down daylight savings because they thought the extra hour of daylight would fade their curtains faster...

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,689 Posts
yep that's right Queenslanders voted down daylight savings because they thought the extra hour of daylight would fade their curtains faster...
Yep. The Lib/Nat parties lead a properganda campain that included curtains fading, cows being too confused to give milk .....

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
Summer Day Light Saving is totally illogical.

If daylight saving is so good why doesn't all of Australia wind their clocks forward one hour and leave them there... forever.

Actually, why not wind the clock forward 8 hours and work in the dark and have the whole day with the missus and kids every daaaayyyyy... uuummmm... hang on a minute... maybe thats not such a good idea after all

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,404 Posts
Nothing happens in Adelaide that cant wait for another hour..

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
Forget the stupid daylight saving. Turn the clock back to 1980.

Yesterday is a lot better place than today. Not only that, but everyone is there in yesterday. Mum & Dad and the kids (they are still kids in yesterday) my old dog is there too. All of them are there. The mad kid down the road is still there too. And the old lady in the sweet shop...everyone is there.

Think it can't be done? Yes it can...all you need to do is become insane...then anything is possible.

·
Gunner
nissan patrol
4,162 Posts
My flux capicator works, went and saw my school mates today, gees i looked geeky, went to 1970 when I was at school, longhair and all. LMAO. They thought my Troll looked cool though. haha.

·
mechanical necromancer
1,682 Posts
ahh estcove LSD makes the 80's every day... at least that's what the giant iguana sitting on my couch said, no wait it thought it and I can read it's mind, no, no wait it spelled it out on the scrabble board for me to read.. yeah that's it

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
Farmer mate refuses to adjust his schedule and everything for it, he wont change his clocks etc. He just calls DLS d ickhead time lol.

·
Registered
nissan
751 Posts
Moved from QLD to NSW in Jan this year and found it great, putting the clocks back an hour yesterday morning was abit of a pain. Put me out for the day, had dinner and shower at bloody 4:30pm.

Will take a few weeks to get used to normal time again.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
That explains why all the d ickheads were back out in force wen i was trying to get to Tweed today. Fark i hate DLS!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts