Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

my 2008 CRD has what seems like a dead spot when I hit the accelerator after it has been closed off. For example if I am going down a slight incline, I lift my foot off the pedal to prevent speeding up & then when I go to hit the gas again, it has like a dead spot (similar to what you would expect from a carby).
have heard that it could be a throttle pedal sensor or something like that. Any clues???

Cheers,

Barra

·
Registered
nissan
1,516 Posts
Hey guys,

my 2008 CRD has what seems like a dead spot when I hit the accelerator after it has been closed off. For example if I am going down a slight incline, I lift my foot off the pedal to prevent speeding up & then when I go to hit the gas again, it has like a dead spot (similar to what you would expect from a carby).
have heard that it could be a throttle pedal sensor or something like that. Any clues???

Cheers,

Barra
There was a recall on the pedal, not sure what year/model. I had to get my 2011 CRD done.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I had a dead spot on my 2008 ute. The pedal has not been done but I changed the fuel rail pressure release valve. It gave me much smoother aceleration and the dead spot was gone. I got an extra 1 lph
as well

·
Registered
nissan patrol
430 Posts
rail pressure release valve

Hi guys,

how much does a rail pressure release valve cost in the AU?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dead spot when accelerating

Yeah my 2009 CRD had the Fuel Pressure Relief Valve changed 'cos the engine would not start, it got worse until no noise. the valve change did not make a schmick of difference to my deadspot though, so I still have the original problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts