Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
nissan
Discussion Starter #1
Well l've sold my Series 1 Y62. A Series 5 will soon be in the driveway. The decision that I have to make now is colour. The old one was Precision Grey. Great colour but shows scratches really really badly.
Was considering replacing it with the Gun Metal grey which is very similar but will have the same scratch issue. While l hated the Brilliant Silver in the series 1-4, I reckon that it looks much better in the series 5. Possibly less chrome helps. Saw one of each parked next to each other yesterday and liked the lighter colour.
What are people's thoughts?

As for pricing, it's absolutely incredible what the dealers will do. I've shopped around throughout Victoria and have had multiple dealers quote under $70k drive away for a 2020 plated Ti.
I'll reveal the actual price after I get the keys.

Registered
Anything except white is my call. Wife finally wants one which is good for me. but wants white which is bad for me. Never owned a white car in my life.

Under $70k interests me, might be able to change out the Paj sooner than I thought.

Registered
nissan patrol
Ive always like the metal grey colour personally.
Though did like the colour on my S3 gold GU. Better than the earlier dirty gold colour

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Registered
nissan
Discussion Starter #5
Been quoted for a 2020 plated Series 5 in either gunmetal or brilliant silver a drive away price of $67400.
Having had a look at both colours side by side, brilliant silver is my preference.

Registered
Wow 67400 is a crazy price do mind me asking where that was in a private message I am shopping for one to surprise the wife this week.

Registered
nissan
Discussion Starter #10
No abn. Fleet discount through work, previous customer and big4 membership. Told them straight out that I wanted drive away under lct threshold for novated lease purposes.

Registered
nissan
Novated lease \ Salary sacrifice.
Not a fan personally. I have found the end price (final payment which also effected monthly payments) was always more then a good standard loan. I don't see the benifits bar seemingly cheaper purchase price.

And in that case your $67400 is marginal.

Don't get me wrong these loans can work and have a place but I haven't come across 1 that works best for me. Very similar buying on a ABN. once it all comes out in the wash again there NO real benifits for the little guys.

Registered
nissan
Discussion Starter #12
Agree joet. I did some sums and have decided to put a new one on the back burner for a while. Better off to salary sacrifice into my super for now. Will be Patrol-less for 12 -18 months.
Every time I see one though I get sad.

When I was playing the dealers against each other I hadn't mentioned that I was planning on leasing so that was a "retail" price. My local dealer almost fell off his chair when I showed him the quote. Said there was no way he could come close.

Registered
nissan patrol
Agree joet. I did some sums and have decided to put a new one on the back burner for a while. Better off to salary sacrifice into my super for now. Will be Patrol-less for 12 -18 months.
Every time I see one though I get sad.

When I was playing the dealers against each other I hadn't mentioned that I was planning on leasing so that was a "retail" price. My local dealer almost fell off his chair when I showed him the quote. Said there was no way he could come close.
Get an old gq for few K.
Then still have a patrol mate.
I know easier siad than done

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Registered
nissan
Discussion Starter #14
Ive actually just bought a 2001 Prado diesel for next to nothing. The previous owner is ocd about maintainence and taking care of it. Plenty of fruit on it. Just bugger all power and all manual. Not even power windows

Registered
No abn. Fleet discount through work, previous customer and big4 membership. Told them straight out that I wanted drive away under lct threshold for novated lease purposes.
When I was playing the dealers against each other I hadn't mentioned that I was planning on leasing so that was a "retail" price. My local dealer almost fell off his chair when I showed him the quote.
I don't quite undertand this either you were shopping retail or were shopping fleet discount/leasing price.

At any rate not all salary sacrifice/novated lease packages are created equal. Back when I worked somewhere that I could salary sacrifice we sacrificed 4 vehicles in a row and it was far cheaper overall than financing to purchase a vehicle and paying running costs. These were fully maintained 100% novated/sacrificed packages however. When I could no longer do it we tried to do a vehicle through the wifes work (public hospital) and their package was hopeless and just did not work. They were only partially sacrificed, as not all the running costs were pre tax sacrificed and that is what killed the viability.

If the bloody hospital would do full sacrificing I'd be looking at this again really hard.

Sydoforumsuperfan :)
nissan gu patrol
$67,525 is LCT Threshold before any on road costs. You have done well

Registered
Nissan 2006 model ute
$67,525 is LCT Threshold before any on road costs. You have done well
I to could have used ss but Iam not to keen on the interest rate and the use of the car as I don鈥檛 drive everyday .. but as for your price if that is plus on road that not to bad . As for the super stuff that just do it now you may need live to enjoy your super . Live now ....

Registered
Anything except white is my call. Wife finally wants one which is good for me. but wants white which is bad for me. Never owned a white car in my life.

Under $70k interests me, might be able to change out the Paj sooner than I thought.
I said I would never buy a white car. My GU happened to come along at the right price with everything fitted. So I brought white. It is mettalic though.

As for 62. I am liking the blue in the brochure.

Registered
I said I would never buy a white car. My GU happened to come along at the right price with everything fitted. So I brought white. It is mettalic though.

As for 62. I am liking the blue in the brochure.
Caryard fleet guy offered me a supposed "to good to refuse deal" on the white stock 4.8 they had back in the day instead of the colour I wanted that had to be ordered. Nearly fell off his chair when I told him he couldn't pay me enough to take it off his hands.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts