Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just did the whole Deddick trail from north to south yesterday. Was just taken the wife and kids for a drive and have a look at McKillops Bridge and thought id just stick my nose into the start of the track just for a quick look but we decided to keep going.
I was thinking well this is easy nothing to worry about then we got to some campers near a creek about half way along the track who looked at us and said "hmm your just about to hit the staircase I wouldn't be going up it in that bog standard patrol"
They have just come down it in there lifted cruiser and it was rough
Pfft to that i recon dropped my tire pressure down and attacked it with not many problems although the kids and wife went a bit white :lol: and they forgot to take pics going up it probably too busy holding on lol
One section was really rough and chewed out but the old patrol just climbed it with some wheel spin
Anyway great track loved every minute of it

·
Registered
387 Posts
Nice mate - how far up from the main road (near McKillops Bridge) was the start of the staircase? We were up that way a cpl of weeks before you but didn't go to far up due to lack of daylight and downed trees! We were wondering if we had hit 'the staircase' or not. From what I hear, it's the steepest section but no longer has the rock ledge 'staircase' due to bulldozers???

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Staircase is smooth as hume hwy :(

·
Registered
nissan
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice mate - how far up from the main road (near McKillops Bridge) was the start of the staircase? We were up that way a cpl of weeks before you but didn't go to far up due to lack of daylight and downed trees! We were wondering if we had hit 'the staircase' or not. From what I hear, it's the steepest section but no longer has the rock ledge 'staircase' due to bulldozers???
Hey Duke the staircase starts just after you cross a little creek and follow the creek for about 500m its roughly 27km from the turn off at Mckillops bridge. and yes from what ive been told it not nearly as rough as it used to be but when i was there someone must of got stuck and dug up one of the run offs right at the steepest section but it wasn't much of a problem with a standard patrol. and i do remember a rock ledge only about a foot high though.

Check out the last couple of clips in my youtube video that's from the Deddick trail but not the staircase the wife wasnt to keen to hold on to the camera so i didnt get any footage from the best part :headwall: and as always it never looks as steep in the movie as it was

YouTube - Nissan GU Patrol

Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
136 Posts
Hey Xtreme GU

I notice you have a wind deflector above the rear doors, Does it work, as its a pain in the arse the dust that sits on top of doors and when you close them dust gets in the car.. Almost as bad as the Disco I once had, only dust got in all the time.
Hows Lakes, worked there a few years ago.

Regards paul

·
Registered
nissan
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Xtreme GU

I notice you have a wind deflector above the rear doors, Does it work, as its a pain in the arse the dust that sits on top of doors and when you close them dust gets in the car.. Almost as bad as the Disco I once had, only dust got in all the time.
Hows Lakes, worked there a few years ago.

Regards paul
Gday Paul

Yeah the wind deflector was on the patrol when i bought it, works great hardly any dust on the rear windows at all... but im thinking of taking it off because it gets caught up on lots of low branches. It has already been bent and where its screwed onto the roof has a dent from being pushed back Just gotta figgure out how to fill in four bolt holes.

Yeah not to keen on lakes it self to touristy But i do have all the Victorian high country just a short drive north :grin:

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts