Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a denco 4.2 3'' cast dump pipe,only thing is its only 2 1/2'',y is it sold as a 3'',does anyone sell a 3'' cast dump pipe.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,090 Posts
It's annoying isn't it. I specifically asked Denco if their dump opened out to the full three inches and they told me i (on the phone) that it did.
It doesn't. The clear opening size is 66mm.
I installed it anyway as it's the only one I know of that bolts up straight to the factory exhaust.
On the positive side. It bolted up easy and improved both boost response and economy.

When I was looking there was this one as well. Doesn't appear to still be available though...
Nissan Patrol 3" Turbo Dump Pipe GU 4.2L Diesel CAST (eBay item 170545945375 end time 16-Feb-11 20:10:45 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

·
Registered
nissan
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's annoying isn't it. I specifically asked Denco if their dump opened out to the full three inches and they told me i (on the phone) that it did.
It doesn't. The clear opening size is 66mm.
I installed it anyway as it's the only one I know of that bolts up straight to the factory exhaust.
On the positive side. It bolted up easy and improved both boost response and economy.

When I was looking there was this one as well. Doesn't appear to still be available though...
Nissan Patrol 3" Turbo Dump Pipe GU 4.2L Diesel CAST (eBay item 170545945375 end time 16-Feb-11 20:10:45 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats
Made up my mind sell the Denco dump pipe and buy a complete Scotts rods 3'' system,pillar pod and gauges on the way from Extreme Limits Offroad then off for a dyno tune,anyone after a 3''_ 2 1/2'' dump pipe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts