Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Now I've got LED light bars the pathetic standard headlights have got to go.

I'll be putting projectors in at some stage but I'm thinking about Depo lights

Nissan Patrol 97 07 Series 2 Clear LH RH Headlights Corner Lamps Pair NEW SET | eBay

with high power bulbs and one of Mick's harnesses. My question to ppl who have fitted these lights to their series 1s - is the light output and pattern a lot better? (with the usual halogen bulbs fitted, that is.

I await your wisdom :p

·
Part of the furniture
nissan
4,563 Posts
by the time you fart arse around, spending this and spending that to achieve better light out put, you just need to bit the bullet and grab a set of projectors from Mick.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
by the time you fart arse around, spending this and spending that to achieve better light out put, you just need to bit the bullet and grab a set of projectors from Mick.
Mate, you are probably right. I made a set of projectors for my GQ and they were far and away better than any other headlight I've had.

It's just a cash flow thing. I need springs and shocks as well and a Simmo trip in June...Hell, you know how it is....

·
Bush and Beach-Bum
nissan
622 Posts
I've bought a set of DEPO head lights and indicators/parkers (series 3) and the quality is ok but far from the original pieces.

Alright to get you by, but if you really want to improve things genuine or Mick's conversions are the go.

Reactions: Burra boy

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,893 Posts
If you plan on retrofitting them later later then Depo are fine but there quality isn't that good for halogen output. They have really dropped the ball in quality over the last few years. Sometimes they split when being separated and this was never an issue 2 years ago or adjusters break.

I pay a little extra for them then the ones on ebay but it's worth it for quality control having them taken out of the boxes and inspected before I receive them. The main reason I do this is if I sent them out with a defect in the lens or reflectors I would get the blame being I have the lights apart. So I have my suppliers check them before I have them sent.

Genuine is always better but there about $1000 a pair with indicators.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts