Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol mq
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
gday fellas, just chasing some designs or templates for making my own rock sliders on the gq lwb. i got a stick welder and a mate whool weld it but needs some plans cheers ps i no longer hav my side steps to go off of

·
Registered
nissan
777 Posts
Dont have any plans but here is a pic I already have of mine, can get more if you want

·
Registered
nissan patrol
180 Posts
i went to google imagies and looked up GQ rockslides and found a few good designs...

·
Registered
nissan
178 Posts
sliders

Here is an example of some old ones i made. Extremely strong and only thing under the chassis height was the 12mm flat bar. the material was all 50x50 x4mm and the front leg had a 10mm plate to sandwich between both body mount plates.:cool: only thing I'll change is bring the step up at a slight angle an out a little further to protect the door and give a bit more lean clearance, otherwise a mate is running these now and still going strong. body lift advised with only bolting across the top as there isnt much room for material if non is added.

·
Registered
nissan
178 Posts
They look nice and strong. I wouldn't mind those tyres too:D
They have had the full wieght of the car rocking on them and still straight. Yes i miss those tyre too :( they were only my 33's went to 36s on my old truck but it got written off so now new troll just has 33 roadies......soon to be changed :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts