Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol mk
3,306 Posts
Hahaha, he must be pretty pissed off! Sounds like he has good grounds for it too...
Getting money back sounds like a win when you think about what JEEP stands for (just empty every pocket) :) at least he gets something back LOL

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
I feel for the guy.

I bought a new house built by a building company with similar attitudes towards how a product should perform.

If only I could bulldoze my house and offer a seat on the bulldozer on eBay.

·
Registered
9,574 Posts
WTF it must be a jeep thing.

I thought it was a joke till I went and read through the ebay add. Poor bastard has put up with a lot of crap. I think I would be using the excavator to dump the wreck back on the Jeep dealers show room floor so other poor unsuspecting fools don't get one as well.

Funny enough someone at work asked me about my Patrol and what I thought was a good reliable 4x4 as her boyfriend has had endless dramas with the new JEEP.

·
Registered
nissan patrol mk
3,306 Posts
I know a guy who bought a brand new jeep and sold it 3 weeks later... It's got to be terrible then!

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,586 Posts
Welcome back WJ! I hope things are on the up and up for you.

Sounds like the bloke has his knickers in a knot about not winning a Jeep in the recently failed promo! I suppose he figures if he cant win one there not worth owning and business will be directed elsewhere!

I'm watching this for ****s and giggles! :coffeeti:

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,016 Posts
I'd be farking ****ty if I had half as many issues that were half as bad as that with my farking 28 year old car, let alone a new one!!!
But luckily for my sanity and everyone around me I have a car that didn't come pre broken from the factory.

·
Registered
9,574 Posts
I'm a winner, hell we are all winners Cos we didn't win a lemon in the promo.

They would give one away for a promotion but could not sort out this poor guy before he totally lost it. Good on him for fighting back, I might be watching the destruction.

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
And I believe our over regulated consumer protection laws are based on that premise too. There's just not enough people in the public service any more to prosecute those laws and most private people don't have the financial clout to engage lawyers to take on the corporates. I wonder if the jeep bloke will get leaned on by jeep?

I know if I could afford lawyers I'd go my building company or I'd just bulldoze my house and dump it in the car park of the company that built it. If it stopped one family going through what we've been through it would be worth it. The jeep bloke is doing a good community service.

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,348 Posts
Whatever gets the attention. The poor bloke has been screwed around pretty good. Their not asking for anything unreasonable from Jeep.

I'm just glad I have been warned prior to these **** boxes as my sister wanted to by a Jeep.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts