Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys installed a boost gauge in my 04 GUIV after getting flat spots on acceleration on the highway to find it boosts up to 22psi (too high?) then quickly drops back down to 10psi while still under load...and is also having the oil light come on every now an then but goes away if turn car off and back on ....wondering what i am to do with this possible live grenade, cheers

·
Registered
nissan patrol 09
654 Posts
Finish off NADS asap.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers man will do gonna limit using it till i can order a dawes valve

·
Registered
nissan patrol dx
172 Posts
That's it even if you have to replace the maf , 9 times out of 10 that's what causes the over boosting in the first place replace it and clean it regularly

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I cleaned the MAF with CRC MAF cleaner and now its got alot more power but also boost has moved up to 26 psi didnt damage the MAF at all ..... Going to clean the sensor now on intercooler see how it goes.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,226 Posts
Its not that bad, that is some what normal. As long as your cruising with about 10-15psi, you'll be sweet.

But yes, NADS would be good thing to look at

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea cruising it stays relatively low only about 7psi doing 60-80 cruising havent tested highway yet...max boost taking off changing gears at roughly 3000 - 3500rpm in 1st gear about 12psi, 2nd 18psi and 3rd is when it climbs to 22 to 26psi but wont stay there for long and gets thrown back down to 10psi and starts the climb again, ordering a dawes valve tomorrow first thing

1 - 9 of 9 Posts