Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,
basically my cousin Matthew Quick is raising money for the JDRF (juvenile diabetes research foundation) he was diagnosed with diabetes when he was 20 years old and has not let it overtake his life since.

he is raising money by hiking, rafting and then kayaking the length of the Murray river. (approx 2500kms) this is quite a journey which he started on oct 15th and is expected to take a whole 3 months.

he is now half way through his epic trip and as his family we are all proud of his achievement on getting this far. this guy is as normal as can be, and is really doing something that is not only epic in proportion but can be looked at by anyone and they will say **** he has really done something special.

look i'm not someone that will say anything for no reason and for me to make a thread about this is really something. i'm a long time reader of this forum but rarely make posts or threads but honestly this bloke needs some recognition by everyone and i really erg everyone to back him up. post a comment on his facebook, donate some money, offer some help/ advice, even just some general comment will go a long way.

check it all out, he has a website about his trip as well as on facebook under his name or they have made a group. all is under SOURCE TO SEA

i'll post some link etc. i hope some people are interested. took me a while to write all this up, i'm not the most literate person in the world, but if i make an effort its always nice to get a comment about it lol.

and i'm pissed as a ****head haha

links

SourceToSea.org - Home Page
check out journal primarly has some pics and a brilliant write up of his trip so far. some long some short.
he started doing some gps co ordinates late in the trip which are of all his campsites but i'm a little bit shattered that he didn't have them all... i've put the ones i've got in google maps and got a good pic of some of the sites.

Matts facebook
Welcome to Facebook

source to sea facebook
Welcome to Facebook

look i know 90% of you guys prolly wont look twice at this but honestly this guy is really doing a good thing and deserves to get recognized for it.
donate/ nice comment/ advice/ anything....

thanks guys.
jackthe****ingripper

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
Ok i just donated $50 to take him to $18000.

Good effort by the young bloke.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts