Registered
96 TD42 GQ2 wagon
485 Posts

·
Registered
96 TD42 GQ2 wagon
485 Posts
What is going on out there I wonder?

Who would spend $32k on a 36 years old car, with next to zero in modern technology, repulsive to discernible eyes, bumpy as horse pulled wagon, noisy as tractors?

I sold this thing for $7000 in 2014 with a set of brand new bfg 33 wheels.
"What is going on"

I think people have worked out what most of us here worked out over a decade ago that modern cars are junk..flash and sophisticated but junk overall comparatively.

I have seen my once bog stock never driven on the beach td42 increase reasonably 40-50% over the purchase price (possibly outstripping inflation)and that's base as purchased without any of the fruit.

Depreciation..whats that?

·
Registered
96 TD42 GQ2 wagon
485 Posts
I wouldn't say modern cars are junk.

To my knowledge, as a patrol lover, the difference between an old school td42 gq and a common rail zd30 gu is just but an ecu and a computer controlled injection pump.

Electronically failures are becoming less and less likely than mechanical failures due to modern technology advancement.

I had far less trouble with my 2001 gu than a 1989 td42 gq, and the gu is more comfortable to drive so I sold my gq which I loved inspite of the troubles.
Yeah point taken on that vehicle as it is not really modern anymore it was old already, like who would own a modern car past warranty today, I feel sorry for young ones buying the more complicated vehicles today for a world of hurt is coming via a gearbox or injection alone....just say a diesel land cruiser V8 engine costs up to 30k to replace including labour and that is the short crate engine I think.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts