Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 4.2 patrol is currently fitted with a Diesel Gas system. As of next Tuesday my turbo is off to UFI for some loving. What I'm thinking I will be ripping the gas system out and just running my new turbo setup. The system works great. Nothing wrong with it just time to move away from such a setup. If i do go down this route. What would the system be worth to sell. It will go as a complete kit. Bolt back into a car and go.

·
Registered
nissan
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The cost of gas is going up and to me I would be better off throwing an inter cooler on and gaining the same response without the ongoing cost. And it also frees up room under the truck for a water tank.

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
My 4.2 patrol is currently fitted with a Diesel Gas system. As of next Tuesday my turbo is off to UFI for some loving. What I'm thinking I will be ripping the gas system out and just running my new turbo setup. The system works great. Nothing wrong with it just time to move away from such a setup. If i do go down this route. What would the system be worth to sell. It will go as a complete kit. Bolt back into a car and go.
I had thought about the same thing, removing the diesel gas system to make room to fit a big tank for water methanol injection. I got in touch with the gas guy that did the instillation and was told that the secondhand parts as a complete system would be worth about $50 to $100 bucks.

You are meant to have it removed and re-installed by a licensed gas fitter and that was about $200 to remove and $400 to $500 to re-fit (FFS). You also have to re-register with Police licencing that the gas has been removed.

This was according to the gas installer guy. They said there waere issues with re installing and certifying second hand gas system tank and regulator. (the tank may need to pass a pressure test and be stamped). All pressure pipes had to be replaced with new. So the only part worth anything was the controller, if it was a new model (less than two years old).
Now this might have been because they just want to install new systems and because he was an assholllle. SO if you have someone you know who can do the work then try Gumtree and see what you can get for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts