Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
On initial start up I thought what a pos..
I couldn't believe how loud it was so I purchased a muffler and a second section of exhaust and it made a huge difference but still pretty rowdy..
So I removed the cover and lined it with some left over car audio sound deadener, put some rubber strips under the mounting points, and extended the intake and now it's about 1/4 as loud as it was.馃憤

Reactions: Foo

Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the encouraging comments Mike you really know how to build a blokes self esteem.. 馃ぃ

• Haha

Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have it running now so will try and calculate how many hrs per tank.

Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I found about 1 1/2 lt's of valvoline oil (un used) in the garden shed so I mixed it in with 5lt of diesel to get rid of it..
I did see a chap on youtube mixing diesel and sump oil 50/50 with no ill effect on his heater and no smoke so I might try that to get rid of my used oil. ;)

• Wow

Registered
nissan
I found about 1 1/2 lt's of valvoline oil (un used) in the garden shed so I mixed it in with 5lt of diesel to get rid of it..
I did see a chap on youtube mixing diesel and sump oil 50/50 with no ill effect on his heater and no smoke so I might try that to get rid of my used oil. ;)
Keep an eye on it if you鈥檙e mixing oil in as well. These Chinese units have a habit of coking up with normal diesel soot if you don鈥檛 run them hard now and again so I imagine some oil won鈥檛 help there.
Plenty of info online how to dismantle them for cleaning if it happens.

Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
Ross,
Could you please paddle woolly's backside for having negative input on my thread.
She should have just got you a cup of cement, lot cheaper than running that with diesel at $2.00+/L. Oh, and that wiring looks dodgy AF.
Wooly! You're a very naughty boy 馃檮

I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
Have a diesel heater in the caravan, works on the same principle, some people mix kero with their diesel, stops the diesel gelling in frosts and helps clean the burner and igniter. Great bit of kit.

Reactions: Overboard and 45/70

Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Might buy a few it of Kero the keep it clean..
Thanks Rod.

Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Used about 2/3 of a tank running at about 80% in 6.5- 7hrs.. area is 7mt x3mt and roof is about 2.8m tall, always stayed about 9c above ambient temp 18 inside 9 out.
Tank holds 4.5 lt..
This Study cost about 8 cans and 4 nips of port.. Good Evening. 馃憤

Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
Used about 2/3 of a tank running at about 80% in 6.5- 7hrs.. area is 7mt x3mt and roof is about 2.8m tall, always stayed about 9c above ambient temp 18 inside 9 out.
Tank holds 4.5 lt..
This Study cost about 8 cans and 4 nips of port.. Good Evening. 馃憤
So expensive to run alcomol wise.

Crappy day here too Woolly only cracked 25. Better tomorrow.

Cloud Sky Product Azure World

1 - 20 of 50 Posts