Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across this, this morning on good old Facebook. It's made by cam fabrication. Don't know what it's worth thou.
uploadfromtaptalk1405885429524.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1405885437297.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1405885458070.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1405885465634.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1405885473376.jpg

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No worries mate if I go down this path I'll get them powder coated black I don't want the bling factor lol

·
Registered
nissan
129 Posts
any one know if there's any gains in just running the larger piping ?

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
any one know if there's any gains in just running the larger piping ?
Yes there is,
have a read of geeyoutoo's build thread.

By increasing the flow through the air box, K&N filter, bigger piping there are gains air flow for each stage. BUT you have to be able to adjust the MAF sensor signal or other tuning such as the turbo spool up and use a chip or JCDVM to take full advantage of this and not end up having limp mote all the time as the MAF voltage goes too high at certain points.

If you have a CRD you might get better control over these things with a chip or re-map of the ECU.

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
No worries mate if I go down this path I'll get them powder coated black I don't want the bling factor lol
To be honest, I think heat is more of an issue than the bling of shiny stuff.

This is more so on really hot days, I find that the big alloy MAF sensor housing that I have (the HPD the same as in the photos above) it becomes really hot from engine bay heat. So this must be transfering a bit of heat into the air.

On my intercooler, I used heat shielding and insulation wrap on al the pipes to stop them getting too hot.

So to get rid of the bling, I would wrap them rather than black powdercoating.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To be honest, I think heat is more of an issue than the bling of shiny stuff.

This is more so on really hot days, I find that the big alloy MAF sensor housing that I have (the HPD the same as in the photos above) it becomes really hot from engine bay heat. So this must be transfering a bit of heat into the air.

On my intercooler, I used heat shielding and insulation wrap on al the pipes to stop them getting too hot.

So to get rid of the bling, I would wrap them rather than black powdercoating.
Cheers mate

·
Registered
nissan
129 Posts
cheers mate, ive got a CRD with a Chip-It Chip,
i dont pan on getting the larger Maf housing just using the std air box and Maf, then just run the larger piping from the MaF to the turbo

Yes there is,
have a read of geeyoutoo's build thread.

By increasing the flow through the air box, K&N filter, bigger piping there are gains air flow for each stage. BUT you have to be able to adjust the MAF sensor signal or other tuning such as the turbo spool up and use a chip or JCDVM to take full advantage of this and not end up having limp mote all the time as the MAF voltage goes too high at certain points.

If you have a CRD you might get better control over these things with a chip or re-map of the ECU.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts