Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol lwb
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I know this is an easy one but i still have to ask .I checked my diff ratios today it was 4.875 with a H260 rear and smaller front diff with the same ratio. I just wanted to know if these are diffs that are usually in a LWB mq or have they been changed and how are their performance in mud ...........thanks ......

·
Registered
nissan patrol lwb
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And what locker can i use in these diffs

·
Registered
nissan patrol lwb
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Found this online Ratios - MQ-Patrol.com
So it looks correct for me MQ l28 LWB full body but still dont know how many spline and what locker to use ...and dont really want to open up diff to check any help would be appreciated

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,013 Posts
4.8's are fairly uncommon in Australia, but not sure about other markets.
They'll be terrible on the highway, but would be great for low speed stuff, and will give you a very good low range.

4.8's were in utes over here, but only some, so they were probably part of a heavy duty package.

·
Registered
nissan patrol lwb
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its ok on the hi way "V8" not too many long stretches on a small island to worry about but still want to know about the lockers because i think the rear diff is a H260 if i am not mistaken and only ARB has a locker for this ....kind of wanted a ratchet locker ...but maybe its possible in the front.

·
Registered
nissan patrol lwb
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey guys did some physical checks on the outer part of my diffs.
1. The rear had a large N on the front top center of the diff right where the drive shaft attaches.
2. there is a 188 on the RHS of the diff
3. LHS there is an ND596 and a stamp of the # 10 on the area above it.
4. the bolts on the diff are 12mm

The front diff
1. the LHS on the flat flap of the diff has a K32 and 1x13 stamped
2. the RHS has a serial # 38511-C6041

Just shooting in the dark for answers guys searched the net for a while but didn't get much just want to know if anyone came across of this info before

1 - 7 of 7 Posts