Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys first time poster here, may be a silly question but I am in need of a new set of tyres currently running bf km mt's. Now the question I have is my spare is brand new and obviously that tread pattern is no longer made im going to stick with the bf's as I have been very happy with them is it a problem if Im running the km2's get a flat and run with the older pattern?

Cheers Russ

·
Registered
517 Posts
KM1 as a spare is fine providing it is the same diameter.
If you get a flat you'll need to aim for fitting the spare on the rear. Having two different tires up front may make your 4WD pull to one side due to the difference in tread pattern/compound.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Not sure what model Patrol you have ? but if you put 2 different diameter tyres on the back and have a limited slip diff you could cause some damage to it, better to put it on the front and put up with a bit of drift.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys I didnt thin k it would be too much of a drama ive got a GU3 and I will be running the same diameter.

Cheers Russ

·
Registered
200 Posts
You will have no probs with it at all. I also run the BFG KM as the spare with a different make of muddies and have had no problems at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts