Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all g,day to all as this is my first post. My question is does anybody know the part no for the dip stick for the auto transmision on my 2001 4.8lt patrol. My nissan dealer cant find it in his book,
Ta Syd

·
Registered
473 Posts
G'day,
The part# printed on my receipt is>>

31086VC20A Gauge Assy-Oil

around $25

Hope that helps :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dipstick part#

Thanks Ed, Hey hows this when i had a sook about the patrol having no dipstick on the transmision, the guy behind the counter at the nissan service place, said that the new fords dont have them on their motors. Would that be true/
Syd

·
Registered
2010 GU DX CRD Grenade :)
663 Posts
yeah mate, falcon's have been like that since late ef/ early el days. that's around 95-96. it was because people kept putting the wrong fluid in them apparently (dex3 instead of tq95, etc) from what i understand.

·
Registered
210 Posts
The motors have dipsticks, it's the transmissions (EF onwards) that don't.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Don't know if posting a follow-up to a 12 year old thread is best, or just starting a new one? Anyway, if the auto transmissions don't have a dip stick, how do you check the level of fluid? I have a 2002 GRX that just quit shifting (stuck in second gear), so I hope it's "just" low on fluid...

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Unfortunately, it's hard to get parts for my 4.8L petrol 2003 Patrol GRX here in Ecuador. I haven't yet investigated getting them imported from Australia, which seems to be where the majority of forum members are from. Would someone who has this model do me the great favor of measuring how many cm it is from the top of the plug to the end of the "paddle" that indicates the correct amount? That way, I could probably just take a piece of stiff wire and stick it in the hole. Sorry if this whole conversation sounds a little kinky...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts