Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

My zd30 auto done 180k has started to blow some oil and smoke out of the dipstick. Also I have noticed that its breathing alot heavier with some whitish smoke. No mods just a provent. Got it booked in for a compression test when I get back. It's not blowing any smoke out the exhaust and it seems to be running fine.

I have changed to 5-30 nulon full synthetic 15k ago.

I have these type of problems at work with out CAT engines and its a symptom of stuffed engine.

Hopefully compression test will tell the story. Still not sure what to do if motor needs a rebuild.

Fingers crossed. Keep you posted
Muz

·
Registered
nissan patrol
547 Posts
Gday Muz, Muzz here.

Sounds like bottom end pressurising. Whats your blow by amount in your provent? You may be right. Go with your plan and if it needs a rebuild, rebuild.

Fingers crossed for ya bud

cheers

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,407 Posts
Also check to make sure your provent isnt full or blocked. Try draining it or venting it so see if that reduces the pressure.

Was it breathing heavy before the oil change? Try dello400 next (and change the oil filter)

·
Registered
nissan
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well after the visit to mechanic diagnosis is not good. Engine is stuffed. It will need a new set rings and pistons. Not sure what to do... 6k to fix.

·
Cruisin for a bruisin
1,732 Posts
6K. I assume this is for the mechanic to do all the work as well as supply all the parts. It's NOT a good feeling and I know it well. My sympathies mate but there are alternatives if you know your way round a spanner

·
Registered
nissan
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys,

Patrol is sold. Didn't want to pursue a rebuild. Probably go back and buy a newish pajero for a new family car. Thanks for all your inputs.

·
Registered
nissan
336 Posts
You want a what? That's a step in the wrong direction or isthat the Mrs talking? You had the right car, just the wrong motor. Get a TD42 or TD42T Patrol & you won't regret it.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
547 Posts
I just hope the new owner is aware.

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,407 Posts
Or they will be on the forum soon asking WTF. .. After buying someone else's known issues (one lady owner, no off road or towing in the ad)

Reactions: motomuzz
1 - 11 of 11 Posts