Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
nissan
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok all know what is going on with my bus by now. been a long time waiting and hope it all works out.

I thought i would do a bit of a write up on the mainifold gasket change and 3" dump and zorst.

so first things first.
The head

I removed the mainifolds and I have removed, all except 1 stud might have a go at it later, but I don't want to snap it off.

It is recommend by every one to replace the studs.

second up is the mainfold all nicely machined.

Had this machined, yet Again very much recommended, This cost me $77 and I think is a small price to pay. I mean Would you like to do this again a short time after just doing it and wasting the price a gasket, when it could have been done right the first time.

Thought I would put this pic up, It has the part number for others to refer off.

·
nissan
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
dump pipe

ok thought I would do a coupla post to keep it a little seperate

So My plan is too make a 3" dump pipe out of a ht18 dump flange, if i can ever get one.
So i got a few pics of the turbo and factory dump pipe.

heres the factory dump pipe it measures 55 mm so just over 2"

Ok the bussiness end, O got the dump pipe, with only one broken stud. but it broke up high so very lucky, thought it would be a lot harder. now i just got to remove the current studs in time for the new dump pipe, as I think they need to be shorter.

new pipe for the zorst and dump.
I hthink 3" (70mm) should get the turbo spooling a little better, The original dump is quiet restrictive so this should help a lot, combined with a little more boost

I'll add to this as I et more done, I hope to have it done by next weekend but i'm not holding my breath.

·
Rusty, but Trusty. Most of the time
nissan
1,185 Posts
Awwwww yeaaahhh! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2010 GU DX CRD Grenade :)
663 Posts
looks good. should have got the whole manifold acid dipped while you were at it, lol.

i knew the factory dump pipes were restrictive, but i didn't realise it was that bad... should be a lot better with a 3" dump on it

·
nissan
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah the waste gate is basically blocked and has to turn 90 degrees to get out. I guess this is not such a drama as whenthe waste gate opens the motor is a full set boost so it probobly does not matter that much. But every little bit helps and it will get the gasses away quicker so should work much better.

if anyone wants some pics of something just tell me i'll get a pic of it and post it. i think it should all be covered.

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Looking good "Coils"

Anything we can all use to get more power from these motors is a help

·
nissan
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FARK FARK FARK do you know how hard it is to get a dump pipe flange FARK.

I have sent scotts rods an email i don't how many times asking for a ht 18 flange or the same flange they use on a gu4.2, I told them in need it for my ht 15 they are the same flange
All they can say is we don't have them, sounds like you need a 2.8 flange blah blah blah .

send them a message from ebay and it is yes sir we have them $22 +freight

WTF do you morons want my bussiness or what... See this is what happens when women deal with important thinkgs like cars.

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Maybe women are a little less ANAL
About dump flanges

·
Registered
nissan mk
970 Posts
Hey coils could you give us the good oil on stud sizes. Probably get some helicoils, stud extractors, eazy outs and new studs before I start on mine. Will definitely be getting the dump pipe first. I told the the minister for finance that it was time the troll had a good dump! Well she thinks it smells like that time lol.

·
Rusty, but Trusty. Most of the time
nissan
1,185 Posts
A bigger dump is good, it helps to get the gasses out.

There must be someone more switched on answering the ebay messages, I emailed them for a price through ebay aswell.

·
nissan
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey coils could you give us the good oil on stud sizes. Probably get some helicoils, stud extractors, eazy outs and new studs before I start on mine. Will definitely be getting the dump pipe first. I told the the minister for finance that it was time the troll had a good dump! Well she thinks it smells like that time lol.
well i'm thinking with the new dump I will have to remove the old studs that hold the dump pipe on. But they are in there super tight and, i Fear to snap them off. I was thinking of running a die over them and cutting a new tread futher down the stud. that way I can cut them of at the right size. just a thought.

Head studs are for the mainifolds are 8x1.25
the dump pipe ones I'm only guessing but look like 12x 1.25 I will be able to tell you in a few days.

main thing is take your time and use heaps of crc or the likes , and let them soak.

I was thinking of making a few dump pipes up if this one comes out ok, and sell them so I will keep every one posted on that idea.

·
nissan
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A bigger dump is good, it helps to get the gasses out.

There must be someone more switched on answering the ebay messages, I emailed them for a price through ebay aswell.
yeah I kind spat it what i emailed, thinkk it is the 5 email.

Ok lets start again, I need A HT18 flange, this is the same flange you use for gu td42t motors, (y61) You have now send me confermation on ebay taht you have them for $22 +postage.
Stuff ebay , I don't want them to get anymore money then needed so i would like to deal with you direct. and hopfully make it cheaper for my self.

so how much for a ht18 dump pipe flange, posted to 3840 please????????

cheers paul

·
Registered
nissan patrol
35 Posts
I suspect you are already aware but I'm just going to confirm for you,I had 3inch exhaust with standard dump then changed to 3 inch dump BIG improvement!!! very noticeable

·
builder not a buyer!
nissan
2,702 Posts
had a similar problem with scotts mate, asked for a flange for my gu3.0 and they gave me this wierd looking farking thing. nice little waste of 30 big ones!

good work so far mate. could you have got manifold port as well?

cheers

·
nissan
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
don't tell me that....... i'm going to make a few calls to day and work something out ,if i can from work. Will not be doing anything else pretty sure she a total fire ban day, so i'm sitting in a shed waiting for a fire.

could but the holes are about the same from the head to the mainfold, so it is real only worth it, If you where to do the head as well. And thats one think i'm not messing with.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
hey all, ive got myself a contact who can get plates cut, so if someone can get me a drawing i can get the flanges cut. its pretty cheap too, hes got them for ~$12 before, so add on some middle man profit it should be comparable with the $22 mentioned above.

·
nissan
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sweet, I will to a traceing of the flange when i get it. Payed for it yesterday, now just gotta hope i Get it or get it by friday thursday would be even better and i can do some at work.

·
nissan
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok finally got my flange. few pics of it. side by side showing the original that blocks of the wastegate and the new one which is the dump flange used for the gu td42t motor

The second shows the restiction. I layed the new one the old to show the difference.
ended up costing $22 and was total of $30 to the door from scotts rods. the where good after, they got over there confusion.

will get some pics up of the dump pipe in progress and the turbo mounted back on., hopfullly tommoz

1 - 20 of 65 Posts