Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,
Well, it might be a question....but it's about a DIY mod.... so, whatever!
I'm going to get a snorkel for my TB45, and got quoted $170 - $250 for fitting! Now that a days worth of tinkering myself... Plenty of people have fitted them, but looked at the prices for fitting there has to be more to it.... anyone have a video or pics on fitting one, what size hole saw would I need and how long does it take? Any help is welcome!!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
mine took a full day to do, i think it was a 95mm main hole and 5 x 12mm hole to hold the snorkle on, it was one of the most nerve racking things i've done drilling holes in a good guard, i had a template to follow but the mounting hole still needed opening up but now it is done i've saved myself $250

·
Registered
nissan
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, this post didn't show in my forum search.... searched for snorkel fitting rather than install!
Cheers!

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
57 Posts
just let you know to double check your seals a mate of mine did it himself and the the first crossing he went through it took on water stuffed the engin and flooded the inside the cars a wright off (but thats why we pay for insurance)
i wouldn't have the balls to drill in to the side of my car

·
Registered
nissan
446 Posts
Hole size will depend on snorkel i think.... i know my nissan one was a mm hole and mm hole and 5 mm from memory.. allow yourself a day..... you need to take out left hand head light, charcoal canister and overflow bottle from memory, the splash guard from the inner guard... Use plenty of silicon to make sure you get a good seal.... Read your instructions a couple of times before you start... Make sure you have the required tools before you start... I used kill rust paint on the holes i made to seal the metal to try to stop any rust forming...
09082009_002.jpg

09082009_001.jpg

09082009_009.jpg

09082009_011.jpg

09082009_013.jpg

09082009_016.jpg

09082009_030.jpg

·
Safari Hoarder
nissan
4,726 Posts
Regarding the install on a Y60 Safari (s), I already have the inner hole. Is it better for me to drill from the inside or follow the template? The fender portion of the snorkel is 3 1/4", I was thinking to drill 3 1/2 to allow for trim??

·
Registered
Nissan
583 Posts
Hi guys,
Well, it might be a question....but it's about a DIY mod.... so, whatever!
I'm going to get a snorkel for my TB45, and got quoted $170 - $250 for fitting! Now that a days worth of tinkering myself... Plenty of people have fitted them, but looked at the prices for fitting there has to be more to it.... anyone have a video or pics on fitting one, what size hole saw would I need and how long does it take? Any help is welcome!!!

Can be done in a day make shaw you take your time paint all holes so they dont rust, seal all joins with auto silicone (not plumbing) and you should end up with a top job cheaper and better than paying a shop $$$s ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts