Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
NISSAN GU PATROL
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can i get a Dizzy and Rotor for a 4.5 GU Patrol.

I went to Bursons and it wasnt in the book, The guy looked it up in there system and said Genuine item Only so it looks like an Arm and a Leg for Nissan.

·
Registered
nissan
1,177 Posts
Yep i could only find one genuine .......:(

Interesting tho, my new cap (from nissan) was a mitsubishi branded cap (has a triple diamond on it) so id bet a mitsubishi somewhere runs the same one ?

·
Registered
NISSAN GU PATROL
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep i could only find one genuine .......:(

Interesting tho, my new cap (from nissan) was a mitsubishi branded cap (has a triple diamond on it) so id bet a mitsubishi somewhere runs the same one ?

Yeah ive noticed the triple diamond on my existing cap also,
What did the cap cost you from nissan? i just seen a cap and rotor on ebay for $198 plus postage, i think thats a bit steep.

I also looked at the BOSCH catalogue on there website and the do have part numbers for it so ill try another store that stocks BOSCH items.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
$160 maximum including postage for a genuine cap and rotor.
However there are two different ones so need a VIN number (or build date) to check. May be cheaper.
PM me your details if you want me to check.

·
Registered
nissan
1,177 Posts
What did the cap cost you from nissan?
Im not sure as i can't find my Nissan docket, but you do need to take some lube ,i got mine Trade less a bit (mates rates) and my arse was still sore !

Nizzbits price does sound good for cap & the rotor

·
Registered
NISSAN GU PATROL
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I sent Bosch an email and this is the response i got.

Hi Jim Unfortunately you have encountered a lazy Burson staff member. These parts are definitely still available and we have plenty of stock. Sorry we can't sell direct, but either demand that Burson order them in, or visit your local Repco and order from there. Please do not hesitate to contact us again if we can be of further assistance.

Regards Gary Francis
Automotive Replacement PartsCustomer Service Representative
Robert Bosch (Australia) Pty Ltd

·
Registered
NISSAN GU PATROL
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I also called Repco.
They say they can order in the Fuelmiser brand.
I asked about Bosch brand and they said they dont do these parts from Bosch.
Lazy Bastards!

·
Registered
nissan
1,177 Posts
If you have them.......can you post up both the Fuelmiser and Bosch part numbers, that way anyone looking for a cap in the future, that may encounter a lazy salesperson, can simply tell them to search the part number :D

·
Registered
NISSAN GU PATROL
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here are the Bosch part numbers

Distributor cap GM853
Distributor rotor GM854

I dont have the fuelmiser part numbers

According to the Bosch Rep i was talking to, Bursons and Repco should be able to order them in.
He also said he forwarded the email to both Bursons and Repco.
See Below.

Thanks Jim

Have also passed the info onto the key account managers who look after Repco and Burson. The Head Office of each store should be interested.

Cheers

Gary

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Maybe not lazy

You might find the reason they seem like they can't be assed getting them is it is too much drama.
Many of the suppliers (Bosch etc.) will not just send out one cap and rotor. They will force Bursons to either order a minimum order (say $100 or $200) or others will charge them $30 for a small order delivery. Either way it is easier for them to tell you they can;t get them than say I can get them but you have to pay freight ($30) or order a bunch of stuff.
Maybe not the case but I know a manager at a Bursons and hye has this drama all the time. I needed him to get soem plugs in which were only $7 each and I wanted 6 but the company wouldn't send unless he ordered $100 worth of something.
Sometimes it is the distributors who are the lazy ones. Only want big fish not small ones.

·
Registered
nissan
1,177 Posts
Sorry, Id still see that as lazy, or at least just plain old bad service by the retailer, regardless of what minimum purchase rules the suppliers may have, it can't be that hard to explain it ?

The customer should still be given the option/s, even if they are required to pay or buy more for a "available" item, anyway, it could still be cheaper or faster to acquire a part with $30 frieght than the equivalent "genuine" part :(

·
Registered
NISSAN GU PATROL
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nizzbits

I seen your qoute of $160 for the parts and im quite happy to pay that and get them from you.
However i dont need them yet, i was just in the store for some other things and decided to get a price on the parts.
But when i do need them im sure ill get them from you.

And if thats the case about the delivery fee from bosch the can just say so it will cost me an extra $$ for the order if they have a minimum order policy, im sure i will understand.

·
Registered
nissan
5 Posts
In my hot little hand:

Rotor Distributor - Fuelmiser PN BD899 - $80.00
Distrinutor cap - Bosch PN GM853 - $140.00

I needed them at very short notice (Chrissie Hols) got them in one day via AutoPro Kelmscott.

Camel

1 - 15 of 15 Posts