Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Odd question I suppose. I bought one a few weeks ago to put in my beer garden.

What prompted me was reading an article about the hard times a disability pensioner was suffering (been on the DP for 25 years...now aged 45...looked healty to me.)

Anyhow there were pix of his country cottage including a fine looking mozzie zapper. I thought 'what a good idea' and so I bought one...works a treat too.

Today I read an article in the local paper dealing with the sale of the house that was used to film 'The Castle.' The writer included the words: ' even comes with a mozzie zapper...what a ripper!'

I began to suspect that mozzie zappers might be a bogan accessory. Nobody I know round here (Noosa Heads) seems to have one. Have I comitted a serious social faux pas?

I don't really care, but would appreciate any comments. I've only been in Australia a couple of decades and might have missed some of the social No-No's.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
The funny thing is that you're worried about a bug zapper, when you have a BEER GARDEN!!!! HAHAHAH

WELCOME TO AUSTRALIA! Be bogan, be proud! Nothing wrong with being bogan. It's not quite being a chav!

·
Registered
146 Posts
How's the serenity up your way mate, LOL

·
Registered
nissan
62 Posts
I have one... But the question I have is, do Mozzie zappers just bring more of the mongrels in?

·
Roads are for Toyota's
nissan patrol 4.2
1,860 Posts
lol,, Ahhh the serenity! Gold! how much did it cost? any more than $15 tell em they're dreamin!

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
1,045 Posts
straight to the pool room.lol
mines ornamental now, i find it attracts more than it kills.the sound of it is preety aussie and bogan,i like the way someone always comments when a big bastard gets fried...

·
Rusty, but Trusty. Most of the time
nissan
1,185 Posts
I might go and pull a sick single pegger in my vs out the front of maccas.

Bug zappers are good if you put them a out the way of the camp, eg someone elses campsite :p

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
So what else would a bogan use to ward of mozzies

Flanno and a pair of flip flops ???

·
Banned
2,050 Posts
Hi,

The zappers attract male mozzies, not the blood sucking female ones. Like some women I know...

Regards B M

·
Registered
Nissan
341 Posts
Answer to original question: Yes, Bogans have zappers. They use them as ornaments and as a source of entertainment during BBQs. It also provided them with a topic of conversation once they've run out of comments about their beer.

A few other ways you can identify a Bogan:

Bogans can't string more than two sentences together.

Bogans play with bits on their car they don't know anything about, then expect a forum to provide answers to deal with their stupidity.

Bogans can't spell.

Bogans use words they don't know the meaning of.

Bogans think doof...doof...doof...doof...doof...doof... is a tune.

Female Bogans have more tattoos than their male counterparts.

Bogans think lifting their fourbies automatically increases the length of their appendages.

Bogans' kids have more cellulite than their parents.

Bogans eat boogies.

Bogans' kids eat snot - often at the same time as Maccas fries.

Many Bogans' faces look like the north end of a south-bound fourbie - complete with recovery points.

If a Bogan was travelling from Perth to Sydney along Great Eastern Highway, he couldn't tell you whether he was travelling roughly North, South, West or East.

There are many more but if you recognise any of these characteristics - you just might be on your way to Boganism. It's a one-way journey - there is no known treatment. :p;):grin:

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
I havent hooked mine up in the new place.
They work well if you put them on a timer and run them for a couple of months in the evenings, but away from your entertaining areas.

It used to come on about 8pm, one night It came on and GGGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT
for ages, turns out a little barking gecko was inside it eating the bugs. Poor little bugger was lit up orange from the sparks going through him.
The dogs loved it, they'd run over to it after a big zap and eat the bugs as they fell out the bottom

Anyway, over time they do reduce the mozzie population in your area.

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Definately best if well away from the house and/or eating areas
The dead bugs n stuff falling on the ground attract ants (meat ants out my way)

·
Registered
Nissan GUII 3L Patrol
388 Posts
Make sure you get the real " Aussie " zappers.......

You can tell which they are as they dont have the cage around the element, so even the big buggers can get zapped.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts