Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Allergic to IFS
nissan
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Once again i come to you on bended knee for advice on something bodgy i want to do :lol:

I am making a home made snorkel so the Piggy can breathe under water (a recent trip through the keyholes on stradbroke island had me reching for clean underwear after i submerged the bonnet)

I can make it to incorporate the factory airbox, but it would be even easier if i didn't have to. Can i remove this black box and plumb my new snorkel straight up to the flexy-corro-hose-end-bit. Or is it actually an important bit of gear?

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,364 Posts
ive seen a few threads on here where they remove the prefilter and i recall one reciently where arb did the same. Id just make sure the join is good where the pipe u want to use meets the airbox ontop of the engine is good, i know mine was ****house, but i dont see much problem removing the prefilter. Plus air is suppose to be cleaner with a snorkle because it gets air from higjer up, its personal preference really

·
Registered
nissan
1,207 Posts
(a recent trip through the keyholes on stradbroke island had me reching for clean underwear after i submerged the bonnet)
You are talking about the track that goes along side the Keyhole Lakes, (asuming you didn't drive "in" the lakes :rolleyes:) didnt know the water crossings got that deep through there, ill have to remember that.

·
Allergic to IFS
nissan
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You are talking about the track that goes along side the Keyhole Lakes, (asuming you didn't drive "in" the lakes :rolleyes:) didnt know the water crossings got that deep through there, ill have to remember that.
Yep thats the one, i used to take my old 75 there a fair bit and it never used to be that deep. this time with a few days rain and a fair bit of traffic it gave me a surprise. (there is a photo in my Album "Somalian bush pig" but the camera is crap and takes the pic ages after you push the button) Still you can see how much these 'puddles' have grown.

·
Allergic to IFS
nissan
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ALLRIGHT!!! the consensus seems to be ''Bin it" which is exactly what i shall do. Thanks to all you champs for your valuable contributions. Oh btw Moary i am pretty sure that it is a TD42 (unless it is a RD28 and my turbo fell off somewhere :evillaug: )

·
Registered
154 Posts
when i put mine on the installer left it in (airtek). all it does is act as a water catch as there is a drain hole in the bottom of it. (pin hole sized.)

·
Allergic to IFS
nissan
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thats a good point, maybe some form of low point where water can collect then drain from is in order.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts