Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is a dumb question but would all newer GU wagon springs/shocks etc fit older GU wagons? There has probably been revisions over the years but they are all interchangeable?
I've been offered springs and shock from a much newer wagon to use on my GU1.
Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great thanks for that. I might have the springs sorted out. I'm leaning toward the ironman pro shocks of yours to match. My only concern is mucking around trying to make them fit being such a huge shock.

·
Premium Member
nissan
5,279 Posts
Yep they will fit.
Put my GU3 factory shocks and springs on my Brother in laws GU4. No problem. ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
How about springs and shocks from 1999 Gu to a 2008 Gu I have been offed these with 2 inch lift just wasn't sure if they would fit

·
Registered
55 Posts
I could be well wrong here but my understanding is that gq and gu suspension is all the same. Alot of things in the gq worked that well they simply carried it over, typical of Nissan to use the same model for so many years but if it worked why not!!!

·
Premium Member
nissan
7,295 Posts
There are a few minor suspension differences between GQ and GU but the springs and shocks are the same. Because GUs have wider axles they also have longer panhards, tie rod and drag link, and I think the sway bars were longer as well. For some reason GU rear lower arms are 10mm longer than GQ.

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
2,973 Posts
Now that this thread has been resurrected I'll give m2cw as well...

GU springs and shocks are most likely physically interchangeable as the suspension setup / geometry never changed, but I'd be very surprised if they are all identical.

Different engines most likely have different spring rates to compensate for different weights so a set of springs from a TD42 will fit on a ZD30, but they won't ride the exact same.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts