Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
would you buy from hornsby nissan in sydney

I bought my new patrol from these guys about 3 months ago i had to wait in there show room for nearly 4 hour for my car to be delivered. and I’m sure you can guess they rushed the pre delivery and f!%ked up big time damage on the car no glob in the right hand tail light found out after getting pulled over the next day snorkel not fitted right and the list goes on i have kept quite about it but nothing has been done to make me wanna forget about it. the dealer principle and all the staff there did not care about the screw up. They did nothing to fix any of my problems. i ended up paying to get my patrol sorted by other people about $700 worth.
I have given them plenty of time to sort it.

must say there service department were great for the 1000k service the staff got me coffee then as i was about to leave one of the service staff came up to me as asked if i was the guy who waited so long for the car to be delivered and he then explained to me they wanted the car out that day because the sales manager was going on leave and that pre delivery only got the order 2 days before the delivery date and that this happens a lot and there getting sick of it
WOULD YOU BUY FROM HORNSBY NISSAN SYDNEY NSW

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
OK, thanks for that If i buy a NISSISN in the future I'll bear it in mind.

Ps, are they similar to Nissans?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hey! I had great service there last week and Ian the service manager was nothing but super nice and his team were fast and efficent! I am going back there in 2 weeks for the wheel nut indicators and I havn't been back to a Nissan dealer twice! So that tells you they are on the ball there!
Mate, I think that you should have said something straight away and if not happy, you should have talked to the manager before slandering them!

·
Registered
nissan
164 Posts
Horsnby Nissan did my dashboard warranty claim and also the wheel nut indicators and they were OK.

I bought my Patrol from crows nest Nissan and they stuffed up the delivery as well. I was missing the alloy bar and no one noticed! They also cut MASSIVE holes in the carpet to fit the cargo barrier floor bolts, these holes were of an irregular shape so some apprentice probably used a blunt bottle top to do the job. The rear park sensors weren't working so they simply disconnected the faulty sensor and told me that was normal practice and when they lowered the 3rd row seats down the cargo barrier bolts punched a hole in the bottom of their plastic panel. They eventually fixed everything and gave me a new carpet for the cargo section and replacement plastic panels for the seats. They also threw in headlight protectors as a goodwill gesture.

I think all dealers are pretty much the same, no care and no responsibility. Don't feel too bad, I got shoddy service from my Audi dealer as well after spending $80K with them.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Pen said:
So that tells you they are on the ball there!
yea sounds like it.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey! I had great service there last week and Ian the service manager was nothing but super nice and his team were fast and efficent! I am going back there in 2 weeks for the wheel nut indicators and I havn't been back to a Nissan dealer twice! So that tells you they are on the ball there!
Mate, I think that you should have said something straight away and if not happy, you should have talked to the manager before slandering them!

i spoke to the manger and have given them enough time on the day as far as im concernd i was more than fair with them ian was not to bad with me it was a guy named Dat that screwed it for them. if they did not rush the car out there would of been any problems. and sure at first they were very helpful a nice to deal with till pick up day

·
Registered
nissan patrol
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i will say this the service team were great and very funny that there service team even paid out the sales staff and said to me that there over the sales team stuffing up

·
Registered
nissan patrol
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How come the sales staff are responsible for the pre-delivery?

Sounds more like the service dept stuffed up and now they are sucking up...

how about if the sales staff dont push the pre delivery guy to get the car out just so one of the sales can go on his holiday and so it was out for end of month.

if they didnt try and hide there f##k ups there would have been no real dramas if i didnt wait so long for the car and was not told every half hour will be another half hour. i even offerd to come back anotherday and Dat the sales guy said no has to leave today for end of month and cause im on holidays after today. come on mate wake up and see whos fault. i guess im still dirty about it cause i missed out on a bussiness lunch that day and ended up lossing alot of money. look going back in 2000 another dealership screwed up bad driving my new car from pre delivery they wrote the car off but the way they handeled the problem was so good when i walked away 8 weeks later with my new car it was not a problem i let it go. bottom line is new car sales staff everywere put a lot of pressure on there pre delivery staff for no reason if they need 4 days to get a car ready for the delivery date give them 4 days not 1 day.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Let’s get one thing straight I would never name and shame a large company if they did the right thing in fact im more than happy to thank people that give good service as I have in previous post (ARB Wentworthville)
Would I buy a car from these guys again= NO
Would I get the car serviced from these guys= YES till out of warranty then do it myself
Would I ever recommend these guys= only to get your car serviced

·
Registered
Nissan
341 Posts
i guess im still dirty about it cause i missed out on a bussiness lunch that day and ended up lossing alot of money.
A most illuminating remark!

Anyone with even a modicum of intelligence would have noticed that the time for a 'Business Lunch' was drawing ever nearer. If it was so important, why sit and wait? Why not explain the situation, perhaps getting a loan car or taxi to/from the lunch? The car could have been finished after lunch - probably better without you sitting there putting pressure on staff!

After many years in various kinds of business, I'm glad I never had to rely on you!:roll:

·
Registered
nissan patrol
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
A most illuminating remark!

Anyone with even a modicum of intelligence would have noticed that the time for a 'Business Lunch' was drawing ever nearer. If it was so important, why sit and wait? Why not explain the situation, perhaps getting a loan car or taxi to/from the lunch? The car could have been finished after lunch - probably better without you sitting there putting pressure on staff!

After many years in various kinds of business, I'm glad I never had to rely on you!:roll:
I was putting no pressure on no one they kept telling me to wait i even offerd to come back another day. so I call and cancelled my lunch yea that was my choice but it dose not take 4 hours plus to deliver a car I'm sure they knew they had problems before I got there and they could of called and told me instead of me going there and waiting
in my eyes there arseholes and I should have cancelled the order at the first sign of trouble if they had done something to make me forget the troubles we had I would not be slagging them no real applogie nothing
then for them to get upset for me getting a little pissed off what do they expect and
its been 3 months and they have done nothing for me to want to be happy

·
Registered
Nissan
341 Posts
I wasn't putting (no) any pressure on anyone. They kept telling me to wait. I even offered to come back another day. So I called and cancelled my lunch. Yes, that was my choice but it does not take 4 hours plus to deliver a car. I'm sure they knew they had problems before I got there and they could have called and told me instead of me going there and waiting.
In my eyes they're arseholes and I should have cancelled the order at the first sign of trouble. If they had done something to make me forget the troubles we had I would not be slagging them. No real (applogie) apology, nothing.
Then for them to get upset for me getting a little pissed off, what do they expect?
It's been 3 months and they have done nothing for me to want to be happy.

OK. Just so this thread wasn't completely wasted, I have fixed some of your spelling and punctuation mistakes. For free. That way at least you can say you got something out of it. It might even lead you back to the path of happiness!:):D:p;):):D

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
So you bought a new car,and it wasnt ready when u wanted it

So telling the salesperson,if it aint ready by a certain time youll cancel the order and go elsewhere didnt cross your mind

I think with all the "edits"goin on that theres maybe a few pages from the book missing
If ya get my drift

Always 2 sides of the story
Does the salesman from said company wanna jump on board here,to give us all the full story

Public name and shame could (possibly)land you will some inappropriate legal action
Be very carefull

·
Registered
nissan
11,208 Posts
Working for a stealership currently salemen always lie to get us to get vehicles ready for pickup in unrealistic times saying the customer is angry. But 99.9% of people are morethan happy to leave it another day to have it done properly. So I'd agree with the op it's the sales teams fault.
And agree with glort in that the management of most stealerships gives no real appraisal and just make u feel generally bad. With no real care as there is no incentive for good work.which is no real excuse but it gets to ya after a while.
I can understand where ya coming from and to be honest that's just the way of car salesmen all over. Ours are terrible.

·
Registered
nissan patrol GQ
8,028 Posts
I once broke the inside door handle on my mercedes vito. the mercedes dealer in canb told me that I needed to get a replacement door mechanism as the broken part was not available as a replaceable unit. I was quoted $750 for the replacement mechanism and that the car would be there for a whole day . I basically told him to use the broken bit as part of a proctology experiment and walked out

I went to the local benz wrecker and picked up a replacement mechanism from a sprinter for $15. Installed in 15 mins

I then rang MB Head Office in Sydney and complained about deceptive conduct from the dealership. I was asked to go back to the dealer and lodge a formal complaint and to quote a reference number.

When I went back the next day and did as asked, the Dealer Principal called in the mech shop manager, and gave him notice.

So some justice was in place, but it left a bad taste about the integrity of the dealership and its quality control.

OTOH the merc dealer I bought the vehicle off in SA was superb. One numpty yard and dealer can bugger up a buyers perception of the brand

·
Quickest Tyre Deflator On The Market
nissan
3,026 Posts
OK. Just so this thread wasn't completely wasted, I have fixed some of your spelling and punctuation mistakes. For free. That way at least you can say you got something out of it. It might even lead you back to the path of happiness!:):D:p;):):D
How can you sleep,:headwall: knowing there is nothing you can do with his signature?:withstup::(

1 - 20 of 23 Posts