• Yes and looking for something else

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • No and looking for something else

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • No, but its in the right industry

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • No, but its a step in my career

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • I don't work and enjoy it (not retired or disabled or a carer)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't work and don't enjoy it (not retired or disabled or a carer)

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • I'm am unable to work (disabled, carer, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm retired

Votes: 3 4.6%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following on from the job thread recently, I noticed a few people really seem to enjoy there jobs. Do you???

·
Registered
nissangupatrol
496 Posts
i have my bad days like any job, but when it comes down to the end of the week and i have a think over a beer or two i really enjoy what i do and take a lot of pride in the quality of my work. i have finally found a company that values my talents and work ethic as well as what i bring to the company on a personality level. it is good to wake up most days and look forward to work (thrusday and friday excluded as i struggle those two days)

when i was younger and just starting out i thought i wouldnt get very far and was really getting frustrated, but now i have progressed in my career a few times im keen to keep pushing and learning to be better at what i do.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I am a mechanic, I dislike my job but I dont hate it. I thought it would be a great idea to build a career doing what I enjoyed doing on my weekends, turns out it was a bad idea. Now I dread looking at my own or families cars because I do it everyday at work. But its like most jobs I suppose. Been doing it for 6 years and I'm just doing it to make a living, definitely not something I look foward to when I wake up in the morning but thats just me.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan
400 Posts
Driving coal trains is fun. Dealing with some of the idiotic bosses, who wouldnt know a loco from a wagon, isnt. Its got me stuffed how someone who has never been inside a loco cab can become a manager of our company.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Yep, love it. Pays well, I (and 2 business partners) are the bosses, 10 weeks annual leave a year, set my own hours...... sometimes really quiet and slack, other times flat out and work 70 hour weeks.

Would be crazy to change. However, have considered selling out to my partners who are both younger than me, I could just about do it and retire now (age 45).

·
What Have I Done?
nissan
5,122 Posts
I have truely been blessed with the job i have now.
the people involved in the company, are like family to me.
There isnt anything i wouldnt do for them , and vice versa.
I iherrited my current contract, from my Father inlaw/now retired,
and bless his heart for having done this for me ,my wife and kids.
Its the best feelin when you work and you are happy to.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,215 Posts
Bugger, there wasn't a category for me, so I just put in retired but for the last 10 years I have been semi retired and Consulting back to my old employer for several months of the year, but that will change to full retirement as soon as I get back from my next posting. :D:iconbana:

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Bundyrumandcoke said:
Driving coal trains is fun.
that would be my ideal job.. out and about and nobody round, no traffic and wipe out a few people occasionally... does it get better than that?

·
BLACK BETTY
607 Posts
I like my job when I don't have to talk or have anything to do with my boss. Is a complete tool. That is why I am looking for something else.
You know you are being screwed. Just not not quite sure how.

·
Registered
nissan
11,155 Posts
i somewhat enjoy my job though i dont see it as a future as there is no money in mechanics. hence im looking to make a step forward into heavy earthmoving fitting. though currently on the gold coast, any chance of a step forward is squashed by the fact there is no dam work around.
so if anyone knows of a heavy fitting job around brisbane toowoomba or even south let me know please...

·
Registered
nissan gq swb
483 Posts
I am a shift worker, and work on my own most of the time(only one person per shift)

Not a fan of the shift work, but it is the best paying job I have had. Get regular time off as well.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,227 Posts
I don't enjoy it, but I don't dislike my job either, its easy and I'm lazy so it works out. I'd look for another job then it comes back to the lazy factor. And at the end of the day I don't like working full stop, so even if I found the job of my dreams I'd still get sick of it and be waiting for the weekend to role around. My thoughts of work, not an option in the poll though.

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
I love my job. I love helping people.
i hate the process in which big companies deal with my customers. Its digraceful, I lose lots of money spending extra time on site to please people.

Its my choice though.

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,348 Posts
I should have stayed in uni and done a degree, I would have launched higher into engineering and wouldnt have wasted so much of my life with mundane bulls***. Doin my degree no wthough.

·
bit cold out it seems
nissan
9,258 Posts
somedays i feel so ill thinking about going to work that i want to spew.

but then i remind myself that i work with douchebags who will never amount to anything in life. and i feel better about this.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Driving coal trains is fun. Dealing with some of the idiotic bosses, who wouldnt know a loco from a wagon, isnt. Its got me stuffed how someone who has never been inside a loco cab can become a manager of our company.
Thats exactly why I took redundancy in 91, I did it for 27 years and the ******s they had running the show then made up my mind to find something else to do. Oh for the good old days of steam.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
I am a mechanic, I dislike my job but I dont hate it. I thought it would be a great idea to build a career doing what I enjoyed doing on my weekends, turns out it was a bad idea. Now I dread looking at my own or families cars because I do it everyday at work.
Too true, getting asked to work on relo's cars sends my bloody boiling.
They dont ask now, and the Patrol is lucky to get a oil change.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,106 Posts
i like my job but am looking for a new one recently i received a bad pay cut due to boss loosing a contract that was making 26k a year on its own, so to put figures out there used to come home with an easy 800-900 a week after tax now im only pulling 480-500 and it seems trying to stay in front with that sort of money is a nightmare

i am currently looking for an operator position in the mining industry fingers crossed i can score something before i have to start selling my other toys

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts
If you're a science/technology geek, I have the best job in the world, working with some of the biggest and smallest companies in the world. The only sad thing is head office, which is populated by a bunch of oxygen thieves. Never mind, early retirement next year. :D

Cheers

Ray

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu 4x4
980 Posts
Been a mechanic for 20 odd years, working for crap money but I enjoy it.
Now I love it cause I found a job paying 6 figures to work on toyota's
and only work half the year, 4 days on 4 days off, no night shift.
when I take 4 days holidays, I actually get 12 days off!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts