Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

Now or then did you even....... ( multiple choices allowed)

• Roller Skate

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Roller BLADE

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Skate Board

Votes: 24 53.3%
  • Just ride a pushy

Votes: 30 66.7%
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
Made my own skate board and would drop into shopping centres after racing the treadly and play on the board for awhile. :)

Foo

Reactions: LittleJohn

Registered
nissan
In my 20's I got into ice speed skating, which lead to some roller hockey and weekend roller blading with girls. I was always a MTBer but it was good sport fix when travelling and little to no space needed for skates when compared to bikes

Registered
nissan patrol
Rollerhockey as a teen. Represented Toowoomba. Used to love it. Grew out of it I guess.

Registered
nissan patrol
Yep. Same as ice hockey but less contact.

Registered
nissan patrol
Was around the time the Mighty Ducks movie franchise was about. Dad went to USA for work, and bought me back some Bauer hockey blades. Man they were cool.

Registered
2003 GU PATROL
I used to blade.. got in plenty of trouble with the cops doing it in and around the Museum in Melbourne...

BMX and "dirt jumping" was my usual haunt. Dabbled in some racing out at Lalor a few times... and done alright!

The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
Like Foo, made my own first skateboard using the trucks off roller skate, and bought many others. Even made a long board once. It's what surfers did when there were no waves.

Fondly remember nights skateboarding down Greenmount Hill in Perth and getting towed back up by old cars that could only manage about 5mph up it lol.

Not much traffic back then (any one who has driven into Perth from the east via the Great Eastern Hyway will know this one, the kms long hill you descend down on to the perth sand plain). Try it now and you will be killed by one of the juggernauts that are constantly coming down.

Other nights at the Plain Street Carpark next to the WACCA. Good stuff.

Got pretty good at ice skating as well. I could walk out of boarding school to the train station up the road and then get off a east perth (claisebrook it think it was) and walk to the Bulwers rink.

Great on really hot days and great for a quick grope as you caught the not so good girls ... :naughty::naughty: (and they never complained either lol)

We had no ramps either LJ, did not need them.

Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
Skate , BMX, surf and snowboard for me. All pre bowls ramps etc. Still could pop a 360 on a BMX about 10 years ago. Now adays just chasing steers on a motor bike and wheeling is my limit.

But I did pull 3rd place in the mud drags at battle of the states back in June. Not bad for an old bloke (forty eight) in a work ute.

Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
I remember when skateboards were only just wider than your shoe. People went roller skating and ice skating
Roller blading was something that ghey people did in the 90's.
Haven't busted my palms up in years. Lol.
Holland was awesome with the amount of places you could skate.

One of my kids got his cast off his arm last week after stacking a skateboard big time. (6 weeks including 2 weeks of school holidays)
I remember those days well.

Registered
nissan
I could skate, ice and roller, but I was always on my bike.

When I got my BMX holy sheet I did some crazy arse things, even set a ramp on fire one night and jumped that, almost missed the landing ramp and stacked it at the back of a pile of old pallets we had collected to make our next ramp.

The thing that stopped me doing dumb arse things was doing a double bike quarter pipe and my mate getting a hook up and sliding down the pipe on his face, scared the begeebuz out of me seeing all the teeth and skin mixed up with blood and snot.

Here To Be Entertained
Currently not a vehicle owner
I still remember my old skinny plastic banana boards with the wheels 30mm apart. Didn't they use to get the death wobbles up!
Have a 15yr old apprentice that rocked up to work with his skateboard. As I was walking past I said skate or die man. Lol. He wanted to know how I knew all about that.
Dumbass skater kids...

Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
I started late... at 28 when my wife bought a board for herself then one for me. Its a longboard. Abec 7s and squishy wheels. Daughter loves to ride with me.

She has a little board (banana?) With abec 7s :shock:

She's two.

Registered
nissan patrol
As a kid rode my bike heaps and loved getting out on the roller blades.
Really got caught in the mighty ducks and roller hockey.

Got into down hill skate boarding at 18, haven't done much of it of late.
Box and mountain biking about it with the teens I work with.
Too much red tape to do down hill skate boarding with those kids.
Wanna get a new set of blades as it's more fun using them to take the dog for a run.

The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
I had been thinking about roller blades while I am in Holland for the exercise. Ideal place as it's flat and there are cycle ways everywhere. Can't exactly go surfing and diving when ever I want now.

Then I think of the potential injuries to these old bones and have second thoughts.

Still might if I continue to drop weight (8kg since March this year). Maybe a waste of money though, not sure the knees can take it anymore.

Registered
nissan
Sk8 or die....

Registered
nissan patrol
ended up buying a new set of roller blades today.
tried them on for shiits and giggles.
stood up and was like oh dam I miss this feeling. bought them and had a good shesh on them while misses had her walk training

1 - 20 of 36 Posts