nissan patrol gq
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you need mud flaps in WA or is alright to not worry about them

·
Eric the Vigilante
nissan
392 Posts
Legally? Yep. Can get stickered for it, though I got pulled over about 5 years ago and the cop ticketed $50 for each missing mudflap. (this was on an XC panelvan though, not a 4x4)

·
Registered
nissan
777 Posts
a mate recently lost one 4wding and got pulled up on his way home, given a warning and fixed it that weekend

·
Quickest Tyre Deflator On The Market
nissan
3,026 Posts
Yes you sure do, they must be the width of the tyre and hang no higher than the centre of the axle, in other words, the bottom of the mudflap needs to be as low as the centre of the axle or lower.;)

·
Registered
nissan
4,831 Posts
Q. do you need mudflaps? A. Do you have mud?
LMAO Yes only when the missus forget to turn bore off when filling tank:rolleyes:

otherwise you need rain to have mud so NO!!!

·
Registered
nissan
118 Posts
if u draw an imaginary line from the center of the lowest point of the tyre at a 45deg angle upwards this is how long ur mudguards need to be.
They also need to be thick enough to cover the entire width of the wheel.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no worries thanks for help everyone, just that teh mudflaps are the standard oens it comes with there all stuffed so ill grab some new ones one day :)

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
ADR's say off road vehicles mudflaps must be no more than 300mm from the ground or no closer than 100mm to the ground and covering the full width of the tyre.
For cars it's 200mm and no less than 100mm.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
685 Posts
deffinatly need them in nsw

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well here in perth i do see a heap of patrols without mud flaps.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Yep. Probably do. But if the wallopers have the inclination to look as well those cars could be yellow stickered.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,081 Posts
i took mine off today and i'm in NSW. I reckon i'll be alright when it goes over the pits. Who cares about being anti social?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts